Reaction score
Has anybody got these on their trophy? I was wondering what people thought and if they changed anything else when putting these on IE damper settings.

I'm thinking of getting some because top mounts are knocking over bumps (not the usual knocking on full lock either) I've worked it out to be the bearings/rubber/spacer combination, there is simply too much play in these which causes the knock.

Now I replaced one for a full new bearing/rubber/spacer etc last year and it still knocks, so this is my only option TBH.

What are peoples thoughts?

Reaction score
No personal experience of these but as with any 'solid' mount you may find more noise/vibration is transmitted through into the car imo.

Reaction score
I did think that yes, but with being able to make the dampers softer you might be able to eliminate a lot of this?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Personally, id be going for the Pure MotorSport strut brace & tip mounts for that money!!

http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=152

Thats what ill be getting at some point.

Yes maybe but the AST have the advantage of not having to drill the turret, though if the T was tracked fairly regularly I would go for the these (nice that they do spare bearings etc) or the K-Tec. Jon go for it, I got used to mine immediately, it's not a daily but as you say you can always dial down the dampers. For me many benefits with no drawbacks.

Reaction score
Mine isn't a daily either. I don't like the Pure MotorSport ones because I don't want to drill the turrets like hoolio said.

Hoolio, do you have any knocks or bangs that come from them? Cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As above Jon, you do get more road noise, the ride is harder and I really will do almost anything to try to dodge potholes as it sounds like the car is being hit with a sledgehammer but that's just the normal "Trophy weave" anyway.

BTW I have the Combrake, i would have swopped for the AST during my last full service at JMS but they were out of stock.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your input hoolio. I guess these don't really solve the issue I have then. I'd just be spending £200 for it to make a different noise.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think you misunderstand a little, I used to avoid potholes previous to the STM's for the same reason, I get no undue noise from the suspension apart from big holes, The reason I avoid most bumps is comfort and habit from having the ex in the car, she used to rattle around like a pea in a can.

Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, I bought a new set of Pure Motorsport STM's last night, as these were £120 and not £200 as appose to the AST's. Yes, I have to drill the strut tops and they are not camber/castor adjustable but I'm not overly fussed by either. Once the STM's are on, they hopefully will never come off.

Can't wait to get them fitted. BTW, I didn't go for the brace either as I don't feel the clio benefits from it in anyway (unless tracked a lot).

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have got AST ones sitting in a drawer that have been there for almost a year.
Still to get them fitted and the reason for the AST ones is that i don't fancy drilling any part of my car.

Reaction score
I didn't want to wait months for some to come up second hand. Nor could I warrant £200 on a set, when AST after sale service is shocking.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Touching on your point Jon I have never been certain which version we need for the Sachs and as you say getting the right ones might be a problem. Don't think you'll regret it btw.