Reaction score
Hi after a period of doing nothing to my Trophy and it not getting use due to me setting up a car showroom i was wondering if anyone is still running this mod? I still have mine.
Has there been any further work done on these, i do love the torquey nature and the noise although it's very harsh at high revs, solid engine mounts to blame and not sure if i can run softer ones due to clearance problems.
I was told you can't run cams with these but would be a good mod if possible complementing the low end delivery with a bit more top end. Just a thought not sure if i really need it.
Any info appreciated, not been on here for ages and always thought it a good forum full of knowledgeable people.:up:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No more development on the unit itself but I think the map has had some work done on it. I think James stone can be contacted through Stealthsport and would be better placed to answer any queries.

Reaction score
As per above, I'm not sure there has been any hardware change but I know James was involved in a trial using different timing.

My RS2rophy was going to be included but it required a belt-change and as it wasn't due for another couple of years I wasn't prepared to spend that money just to chase a few extra bhp/lbs/ft.

By all accounts the trial went well and there are gains to be had so if your belts are due it could be the ideal package.

Cams & the RS2 aren't a well-tested combination, as far as I'm aware. There was a phase of people running 197 cams and seeing 200bhp but that was on an increased rev limit and at the cost of low down torque, I believe.

If you want to trial some different sets of catcams and post the dyno results I'm sure lots of people would be interested, but few, if any would help cover your costs.

I run standard engine mounts on mine. To get round the clearance issue I run a phase 1 bonnet catch mechanism instead, with no problems whatsoever.

As Hoolio said, have a chat with James Stone, I believe he still owns the rights to the RS2 so is best placed to offer guidance etc. Good luck, perhaps you'll keep us updated as your research progresses?

Reaction score
I sold my trophy last week but I too had the RS2. I replaced the uprated engine mount back to the original as even after 500 miles they hadn't eased up and made the car rattle like crazy even when idling. Never had an issue since then and far more liveable with. Don't remember having any clearance issues at the time, though it was a couple of years ago......

Reaction score
For me its more about retaining the creature comforts like cruise control with the RS2 that you lose if you go down the ITB route. I wont lie, an RS2 is certainly on my radar but I am not in any rush as I'm still waiting to have big brake (meg 225 brembo) kit fitted this Thursday by Mick @ Diamond Motors... excited :D

Reaction score
For me its more about retaining the creature comforts like cruise control with the RS2 that you lose if you go down the ITB route. I wont lie, an RS2 is certainly on my radar but I am not in any rush as I'm still waiting to have big brake (meg 225 brembo) kit fitted this Thursday by Mick @ Diamond Motors... excited :D

Sounds great hope there will be plenty of pics

Reaction score
Thanks for info, will get in touch with stealthsport, think the change back to standard mounts a good idea seeing its worked for other people. I have put up with the harshness for a long time now, 20000 miles or so and if that could be solved along with new mapping to make it run a little better then this mod will be perfect, really suits the trophy the torque at low revs and the noise is great. The high rev harshness has been brought home because i have been using a mk111 clio silverstone ( for sale ) and don't like the low rev lack of torque but at high revs its smooth compared to the trophy.
I have now taxed ( painful for a trader ) my trophy after only using it a couple of times this year on trade plates, always other cars with tax to use.
After a spirited drive at the weekend i am looking at getting a few things done now its out the showroom, will start a new thread on this, i have driven a lot of different cars lately and none come close to the little T for quick fun and why its the only car i have that is not and never will be for sale.

Reaction score
Yeah sold with the car. Although I kept all the original parts I unfortunately lacked the know how to put it back together myself, nor the money to pay for someone to do it.

Currently living the dream with a 5 door Mk5 Golf GTI......meehhhh