Anyone in need of front brake pads?

Reaction score
So are OE the best choice if the car is being used on the road, rather than tracked?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So are OE the best choice if the car is being used on the road, rather than tracked?

Very much so, well rated along with the Brembo for the fronts. Have fitted some slightly cheaper branded pads in the past and they haven't quite cut it. Would always stick with the Brembo HC discs too over some of the cheaper and less well known ones.

Have had the Ferrodo DS2500's in the past and they were amazing on the road and well rated for occasional track use, albeit they are approx. £120.

Reaction score
Just had my order declined / cancelled.

Wrong price listed by "rogue employee" it would seem!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The brake pads were the first modification I made to the Trophy. I suffered brake fade whilst descending a long steep hill after a spirited drive through the back roads, I made an immediate decision to change them, along with my underpants. I changed my driving style after that, alongside the pads. Every pad I've used since then has been an big improvement over OEM. I'm not suggesting that they're rubbish but if you plan on giving them any stick I would look elsewhere.

Reaction score
The brake pads were the first modification I made to the Trophy. I suffered brake fade whilst descending a long steep hill after a spirited drive through the back roads, I made an immediate decision to change them, along with my underpants. I changed my driving style after that, alongside the pads. Every pad I've used since then has been an big improvement over OEM. I'm not suggesting that they're rubbish but if you plan on giving them any stick I would look elsewhere.

Interesting folks different views. as I agree with Ben, have cooked my OEM ones on all my 182's (spirited Road) going to try m1144 next.

Out the box, bar the steering wheel.. it's the worst part of the car for me.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Without being seen to jump on the bandwagon, before I swapped over to the RS4-2 I always found stopping in the T in the wet to be more a matter of luck and good fortune rather than planning.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Interesting folks different views. as I agree with Ben, have cooked my OEM ones on all my 182's (spirited Road) going to try m1144 next.

Out the box, bar the steering wheel.. it's the worst part of the car for me.

I fitted Mintex 1155's first of all. They were spot on for spirited road driving, certainly an improvement over OEM and at a reasonable price. I don't recall them being any different when cold, in that they still had plenty of bite, they performed well and most importantly I never suffered any brake fade after that.
I would recommend fitting them.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My DS2500's are wearing thin. Not sure if I can stretch to RS4-2's, how much are you asking for them?