Anyone got Genuine Old Springs?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any old springs they aren't using? Must be genuine.

I am going to get a set made up, been chatting to a couple of firms that have done this before for me on other cars. I have the correct spring rates but not the dimension of the spring. Mine has lowering springs on it so want to avoid using those.

If anyone has some Genuine old ones I would be interested in buying them

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Speak with YBRacing

They are the only people that can sell genuine Eibach springs.

Have a read here about the the group buy. -

Reaction score
No sorry I think I binned my old ones a few month's ago

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Guys, Still not having any luck here just wanted to flag this up to see if anyone had any?

YB Racing don't sell the springs anymore. I have spoken with Mark Fish and he has been unable to help.

If I can get the springs to copy I can get Faulkner to make genuine ones up, they will always have the details on file and can make them for anyone else going forward

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Rear springs sorry should have put that in the title.

Reaction score
I have not but surely somebody can borrow you one as they are just 182 cup springs that are not made anymore.

Reaction score
I had this plan of sending mine off when I do the rear of car but the weather is not the best so will have to wait.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Rear springs sorry should have put that in the title.

Eibach / YB Racing have already tried to copy the rear cup springs but could not do it due to something to do with the coils

I Sent a pair to @Gareth Y who originally done the front group buy and he sent them away to get copied but had no joy.

I have 2 pairs here that are in good nick with very little rust but they are staying put.

I have not but surely somebody can borrow you one as they are just 182 cup springs that are not made anymore.

These are rare as there was not that many 182 Cups and most have either been broken or run aftermarket springs.
Its few and far between you can find a set online and when you do they are most likely cover in rust.

Reaction score
Well the rust won't be a problem if he only wants them to copy the shape. I was going to try and do the exact same thing when I was doing the underside of the car. If we can get these replicated it's only the rear shocks but as most are happy with cup rear shocks then it's no problem.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Eibach / YB Racing have already tried to copy the rear cup springs but could not do it due to something to do with the coils

I Sent a pair to @Gareth Y who originally done the front group buy and he sent them away to get copied but had no joy.

I have 2 pairs here that are in good nick with very little rust but they are staying put.

These are rare as there was not that many 182 Cups and most have either been broken or run aftermarket springs.
Its few and far between you can find a set online and when you do they are most likely cover in rust.

the reason they are hard to replicate is to do with the tapered thickness in the spring. It’s there for two reasons, firstly to so you don’t get spring bind and secondly to create a non-linear response. I had a Mark Fish spring tested today, they can be replicated, the tapered thickness makes virtually no difference as it’s insanely soft, the non-linear spring rate is easy to replicate. They just won’t look identical. Interestingly the Mark Fish springs have a softer spring rate than stock for most of the travel of the spring. They may be very old which might explain this.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just noticed a full set of 182 Cup shocks and springs have been listed on ebay which might be worth keeping an eye on. Seriously want to get my rear beam done this year, but surprised how well my original springs (148k miles) have done and little signs of rust!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-190040_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-190040_Messenger.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 20

Jas

Reaction score
They look like they’ve been replaced at some point?!

Would like to buy a set of replacement rear springe also, given I already have new front springs and rear dampers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They look like they’ve been replaced at some point?!

Would like to buy a set of replacement rear springe also, given I already have new front springs and rear dampers.

Definately not since my ownership from 2009. The rear shocks were replaced a few years back as I had a spare set, but the springs have only ever been removed, tidied and refitted.