Alternator Help Please

Reaction score
Alternator packed up! Iam guessing it is a standard 182 alternator in the Trophy?:worried:

Reaction score
So a standard one won't work? Trophy TAX!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
The OE part number from a Trophy is -

14v 110A
Alternator Exchange. - 7711134267 - £231.36 Inc VAT
Alternator Non Exchange - 8200193100 - £404.20 Inc VAT

Aftermarket Part numbers are also below -

Lucus - LRA02100
Valeo - 439302

Reaction score
Mine failed just after the battery died. Clearly due to the strain of a weak battery.

It depends on what's important to you. The exchange system will mean you will not get an alternator that looks anything like the OEM item fitted. The exchange is quite literally that. Any old unit that's been returned. Yes it will work and be from a Clio, but Trophy item it ain't.

My exchange was a weedy looking thing without half the covers and metal structure of the original.

As per flebay, the original alternator doesn't 'actually' have a hologram sticker, but a brand new unit is twice the price. Although it 'should' exactly match the original.

Reaction score
My post from an old thread when I was either months before, or after, replacing mine:

Identifying marks on the Valeo alternator fitted, all from the label that can just be read by using a torch and squinting:

Part number is: 8200 193 100
Marked as: 14V 110A (representing fourteen Volts and one hundred and ten Amps)
Additional code: A13V/300 254 269 1C (don’t know what this signifies, but I understand it could be the number distinguishing between the £150 ish one and the £220 Trophy one. Yet more Trophy tax?
Additional code: 605 105 404 (unknown)
Additional code: 22/05 (week and year of manufacture)

Renault quote a price of £490 including VAT for a brand new alternator for the Trophy.

Should you go for an exchange part, a reconditioned original, the price is £220. I’ve been assured the exchange part is visually identical to a brand new one, and is an OEM part that is reconditioned. The exchange part has a Renault UK 12 month warranty.

I think this post was before the repair. As when it was exchanged I was rather p***ed off that it wasn't visually identical. It was just any old reconditioned Clio alternator.

MC1

Reaction score
Did mine a few hundred miles ago with a Renault exchange unit & was identical to the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yer i have also fitted a 7711134267 to my trophy and was the same as what was on the car from factory

Reaction score
Gutted. I seem to have been tucked over by the Renault exchange scheme. Luck of the draw I guess.

Reaction score
Yes it will work and be from a Clio, but Trophy item it ain't.

FFS what is it with this forum? Does everyone think every part down to the wiper arms are exclusive to the Trophy?

Most parts on a 182 are common across the Clio range let alone the Trophy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
FFS what is it with this forum? Does everyone think every part down to the wiper arms are exclusive to the Trophy?

Really? Would never have guessed that fella... :) No, not everyone thinks every part is Trophy-exclusive.

Try reading his (@Gordon 's) post again... he clearly received a different item to what most folk get (or, indeed, what most folk have on their 182's). There's no such thing as a stupid question, knowledge is power, yadda yadda yadda.

Reaction score
Seriously though... "Trophy alternator"? Haven't heard anything so silly in all the years I've been on here and cliosport! Lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No harm in asking mate - especially with the difference in prices between units and the confusion it's obviously caused. Not everyone has the wealth of knowledge or insight that others enjoy. It's all useful information now that these cars are getting on a bit and things, like alternators, are failing (or need replacing).

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there yourself. You have also taken Gordon's post out of context, he clearly received an incorrect part and you picking up on the fact the he said "Trophy item it ain't" is just splitting hairs.

Reaction score
Well... whatever... I've been on here for so many years I've seen enough people write the words Trophy headlight, Trophy dash, trophy cigarette lighter and whatnot in this forum...

Reaction score

Hi Jack, I don't think every part is exclusive to the model. To paraphrase you, it's a red Clio 182 Cup with some trick dampers FFS.

Of course the majority of the parts are generic to the Clio platform. You'll note after post eight that you take such umbrage to, in post nine I state "As when it was exchanged I was rather p***ed off that it wasn't visually identical. It was just any old reconditioned Clio alternator."

Apologies if you felt I inferred there is an alternator specific to the Trophy; or interpreted my initial post as such.

Seriously though... "Trophy alternator"? Haven't heard anything so silly in all the years I've been on here and cliosport! Lol

As others have already pointed out, you may have taken the post a little out of context. The item I was supplied was a Clio alternator. It was from Renault. It was via the exchange scheme. It was half the price of a brand new unit. It works. Where it was very different is aesthetically. As it differs aesthetically I was simply warning other owners to be careful of the exchange item should they seek a 'perfect visual match'.

Perhaps your philosophy toward cars and their up keep differs to mine. Fair enough. When I purchase an OEM part, even via exchange, not only would I prefer it to be mechanically correct, but also visually. Based on others posts and links they received a similar item to original. I didn't.

I find we try to help with information exchange on this forum. Some people have high mileage cars they rag to death. Some garage queens. Doesn't matter to me. As per Sharky, why not help others with a perspective or your experience if it might help?