Airbox Screws

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Happy new year CT crew.

I’m just sat here pondering this years list of jobs to be done and I got thinking about airbox screws.
Has anybody replaced theirs ? Mine are starting to look rather used so would like to freshen them up.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I tried to source some of these from Renault Parts Direct a few years ago, but sadly drew a blank. Something about them only coming with the full airbox unit and not available separately if I recall, a shame as mine look a bit tired and I'd love to refresh them, but at least they're still functional.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the screws that hold the top and bottom of the airbox together they are not sold separate along with air box rubbers at the front and back that hold the airbag in place (a lot of clios are missing)

To get these you need to buy a new complete airbox from Renault at £110+vat

Reaction score
It’s a job I’m currently tackling at present @ MarcB.. I’ve tried some rust remover gel and the dremel wire wheel with okay results they may come up alright with some black hammerite or other paint?

Thanks @ Frayz ‘s for your suggestion, which is probably the route I’ll taken now so thank you for the nugget of info and terminology. 👍🏻

AndrewL

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I tried refreshing a set and started out by trying to remove all the rust with rust remover. By the time I’d done that there wasn’t really enough screw left to recoat 🤣.

@MarcB do you have a link for new airboxes? I haven’t been able to find one. I’ve bought a couple on eBay but they all tend to be missing bits or just knackered.

Reaction score
Lol, surely this can’t be that hard to source. OEMs all use incredibly similar hardware for these applications, so has anyone tried a screw from another OEM?
For example Ford sell the screws for the Mk6 Fiesta which uses a similar airbox, it’s just a case of matching something up.
58DDB162-5BFF-4A08-8E46-8AA694AC7514.png

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It`s a clear failing of the educational system of this country that every child is force fed c##p they don`t need such as religious

knowledge, but 99.99% of British adults don`t know how to size a screw !!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
@MarcB do you have a link for new airboxes? I haven’t been able to find one. I’ve bought a couple on eBay but they all tend to be missing bits or just knackered.

Phone Renault and order one.
They are still available at a nice price of £110+vat

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score

OE Part Number. - 8200453864