Reaction score
Shop around buddy.

Stealers will charge a hell of a lot in my experience, where as a independant company are alot more reasonable.

Reaction score
We used to charge about £85 i think (one hours labour) - that was in a SEAT dealership

I would imagine it should be pretty much the same across the board - just an hours labour

Reaction score
Ok thanks not as much as i thought it would be .

Reaction score
£79 at my local Renault dealers Including vat £105 + vat at a local non franchised .

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nig63 said:
£79 at my local Renault dealers Including vat £105 + vat at a local non franchised .

Renault stealer in shock cheaper than news. :lol:

G

How good is the air-con in the Trophy supposed to be? I don't know if mine's just s**t or whether it needs jazzing up a bit.

Reaction score
nig63 said:
Ok thanks not as much as i thought it would be .

Still a rip off really

It only takes about 15 mins and is all done by machine - press 2 maybe 3 buttons and away it goes, does everything by itself

Reaction score
David
I guess it depends what you were used to before the Trophy
the Climate control in my 172 was really shite which has really put me off climate in other cars, i much prefer the Aircon in the Trophy, its gets cold V. quick from start.

i wear contact lens and have found cc makes my eyes burn as it did in my Pug 180.
Aircon on the other hand hasnt caused me a problem.

someone told me aircon lasts about 4 years before needing a re-charge, probably says in the service book.

:wink:

Reaction score
After 21,000 miles / 1 year and 10 months my aircon has stopped blowing cold air!

Should it not last longer than this?

Has anyone else re-gassed the air-con on there Trophy yet?

Day

Reaction score
Did you see how myself and Steve coped when the aircon failed on the way to the Nurburgring.

I'd recommend getting it fixed ASAP, won't have to be a renault service centre to do it either.

Mike@Rentech is pretty cheap, rumors were around £50 but that was a year or two ago.

Reaction score
Popped down Kwik Fit this morning to get it re-gassed as they only charge £44.99.

Trouble was there computer regassing system didn't list a 182, only a 172 and clios up to year 2004. So the guy wouldn't do it for me.

He suggested popping back Monday as he would be able to ring the company who supply the equipment.

Although he wasn't sure if regassing would solve the problem as when tested there was no click sound when switching AC on and the revs didn't change?

Anyone got any ideas?

Reaction score
7MAT said:
When tested there was no click sound when switching AC on and the revs didn't change?

Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds like either a wiring fault or the compressor could be fooked

The 'click' when turning it on is a magnetic clutch engaging inside the compressor, this is why there is a little extra strain put on the engine and the slight fluctuation in revs.

Think I'd take it back to Renault - warranty issue

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
7MAT said:
When tested there was no click sound when switching AC on and the revs didn't change?

Anyone got any ideas?

Sounds like either a wiring fault or the compressor could be fooked

The 'click' when turning it on is a magnetic clutch engaging inside the compressor, this is why there is a little extra strain put on the engine and the slight fluctuation in revs.

Think I'd take it back to Renault - warranty issue

I fear you might be right, but I did read over on cliosport that the compressor dosen't engage when out of gas?

Hopefully a shot of gas will sort the problem as I don't think I'll have time / or be able to book it in, intime before FCS.

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if the re-gasing sorted out your problem?

I've got the same symptoms at the moment and need to get it sorted quick!

Thanks

Reaction score
I was dissapointed with mine the other day, nowhere near as cold as other car's I've driven with aircon. Kwik-fit used to advertise you only payed if they dropped your coldest setting a small amount, not sure if that's still the case. They should be able to do 182's by now.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bit of a random dig up from the past but after getting mine out of storage for 2 years, covering over 130k miles in my ownership, the air conditioning system has never failed or been topped up / regased. Have always religiously replaced the pollen filter as they are cheap as chips but wondering if anyone has had left theirs and still ice cold? Great believer in leaving something that is working but always been tempted to see what temperature mine is kicking out.

MC1

Reaction score
I do mobile a/c and have a £3m machine, my Trophy is as cool as it can be. Can give temps at dash vents later if interested [emoji106]