a productive sunday afternoon...

Reaction score
So, some of you may or may not know that i decided to decat my Trophy, and also remove the rear seats and fit harnesses! Sounded amazing but was honestly far far to loud for general use and especially on the motorways! And seeing as it’s a daily car I thought I’d do some soundproofing! So I unclipped the harnesses, got original boot carpet and additional boot mat out of the way and set to work!

Used a layer of dynmat superlite under on the area under the rear seat, left gaps for any bolts/mounts/wires/seatbelt points etc..

IMG_20120108_151540.jpg

Then cut a piece of bog standard felt type soundproofing to the shape of the area under the rear seat, and cut slits for the eyebolts to poke through…

IMG_20120108_154300.jpg

Then cut a piece of black carpet slightly bigger than the piece of felt..

Which I then trimmed up some nice red edging ribbon / piping, and cut slits for the eyebolts to poke through..

IMG_20120108_201633.jpg

Stuck it back in, ( unfortunately was quite dark by then so couldn’t get a decent photo, the big spot is the light from the flash…

IMG_20120108_224504.jpg

All in all im quite pleased with it seeing as we knocked it up in about 3 hours, have to thank mum for letting me use the sewing machine, and for sewing all of the tricky bits of the red edging for me! Looks pretty tidy!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nice work.

Did the soundproofing make much difference, the noise that comes through the rear floor in mine is immense!

Reaction score
Nice work.

Did the soundproofing make much difference, the noise that comes through the rear floor in mine is immense!

Yea quite a bit, i'd imagine if id of dynamatted the entire rear of the car it would of made a bigger difference, but i thought id see how much of a difference just doing the area the seat used to be in!

Before on the motorway it was truely defeaning, but now its alot friendlier, seems alot friendlier on the ears accross the entire rev range, its still mega loud, but not loud enough to make your ears bleed!!

Heres an updated picture taken this morning, looks like i need to use some of those giant velcro coins or something to get it to stay down at the edges!

IMG_20120109_103053.jpg