Reaction score
Trophy No.
I picked up #165 last night... and my girlfriend and I decided to take our cars out earlier this evening to grab a few pictures. Here they are! I'm still grinning having experienced the handling that the Trophy is renowned for. :D

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Cheers,
SharkyUK

Reaction score
Looks fantastic mate, nice purchase!

Your girlfriends CTR aint too shabby either - my mrs drives a 206 which she thinks is "cool" :shock:

Reaction score
great pics. Your relationship probably won't last too much longer though, you will be having the well renowned CTR vs Clio argument everyday :lol:

Reaction score
They will be together forever believe me....that suit one another down to the ground :lol:

Nice pic's hun.....Has she wanted to jump it and drive yet??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the comments guys!

Matt X2C said:
great pics. Your relationship probably won't last too much longer though, you will be having the well renowned CTR vs Clio argument everyday :lol:

Already got this one covered mate and we are steering clear of that debate. We both love our own cars and each others. To be honest I'm a Honda Type-R fan and my good lady is the Renault ClioSport fan! I am actually a site webmaster/admin of type-r-owners.co.uk... :lol:

It was my girlfriend that talked me into getting the Trophy and I am thoroughly enjoying it already - a great car to drive and a lot of fun. I'll be very happy in her (ooer!)

dee1983 said:
They will be together forever believe me....that suit one another down to the ground :lol:

Nice pic's hun.....Has she wanted to jump it and drive yet??

Thanks Dee! We do compliment each other scarily well... *gulp* Has she wanted to jump in and drive it yet? Of course! And she's already enjoyed a little blast in it, too. You should have seen the smile on her face..! :D As I have only just moved in with her (and still fear her tight driveway which I'm yet to get accustomed with) I let her park it up so as not to risk scratching my new baby!! PMSL!

Reaction score
Nice garage you'll have now!!!! wish i could have both! maybe i can get the misses to get a CTR instead of a 3door Astra sxi she wants :?

Reaction score
So you made it over here then Andy? :lol:

My pal that was due to put a deposit on it is sitting next to me, so it feels very very strange considering your both called Andy & were after the same car.

Looks very nice mate :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
no slating of whatever comments you have will happen, i'm honestly interested to get the views of someone that's used to driving both, I've not had extended stints in the Type R but i've driven one on a off-on basis a few times...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
SpaceMonkey said:
So you made it over here then Andy? :lol:

My pal that was due to put a deposit on it is sitting next to me, so it feels very very strange considering your both called Andy & were after the same car.

Looks very nice mate :wink:

:oops: Yes, I made it my friend. I didn't realise it was your pal (who has a great name and great taste in cars by the way!) who was interested. All I knew is that somebody was due to see it and I was lucky that Lyn was able to shoot up the M50 with me to view it. I was keen to get it and having seen it and inspected it it was in excellent condition; a real bargain. Apologies to your pal but I couldn't let this one go. Besides, the missus would never forgive me if I hadn't got it... :lol:

Cue said:
welcome, so go on then... which do you prefer?

You shouldn't ask me that mate! First and foremost I'm a Jap car fan and especially the Type-R marque... that still rings true. However, my missus got me into the CS/Trophy scene (and recommended it) and I'm absolutely loving the car. I am certainly *not* disappointed and I'll be keeping her for a looooong time (even when the future car purchases come around).

Cue said:
no slating of whatever comments you have will happen, i'm honestly interested to get the views of someone that's used to driving both, I've not had extended stints in the Type R but i've driven one on a off-on basis a few times...

Mate, I will ask the good lady to contact you as (like highlighted above) I/we don't want to get drawn into the whole us vs. them debate again! They are both worthy cars. My missus has loads more experience and has driven CS and CTR's extensively now and is able to give a fair opinion to you privately if you are that interested. :D Actually, she is the Renault fan in this relationship!!!! But she still has the wrestle the Trophy keys from me... which is nice. :oops:

cosmicremedy said:
The Trophy's looking good sharky... 8)

Thanks mate. :D I hope your recent purchase is still giving you cause to smile when you drive it, too.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A couple more pics from a trip that the good lady and I took to Carmarthenshire yesterday (to check out the area where the Wales/GB Rally is being held). Some lovely roads aroudn that area but a little treacherous in places to say the least. :lol:

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
My perfect pair if I could afford! Trying to get my girl to get a Type R as we are both big fans.

Both cars are excellent but each can be used in a different manner.

If both cars could be joined together would be good!!

Get manifold and remap mate and the Clio will rev like a Honda!! Nearly

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy176 said:
My perfect pair if I could afford! Trying to get my girl to get a Type R as we are both big fans.

Both cars are excellent but each can be used in a different manner.

If both cars could be joined together would be good!!

Get manifold and remap mate and the Clio will rev like a Honda!! Nearly

We are lucky in that we have the best of both worlds. :twisted: We often go out for a drive together and I'm looking forward to next year and the better weather making a comeback... if it ever happens given our fantastic English summers... :lol:

Reaction score
cool pics, my friend has just part x'd his vx220 for a type-r just like that, hes still only 20! :evil:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy176 said:
My girl has a 1.4 Seat Ibiza the only Spanish tank ever built!!

:lol: I'm sure you love her 'Spanish tank' really...

Ash87 said:
cool pics, my friend has just part x'd his vx220 for a type-r just like that, hes still only 20! :evil:

Cheers Ash. I bet your friend is being stung a bit on the old insurance front for the Type-R! They (the EP3 Type-R's) might be getting cheaper but the insurance premiums somehow manage to keep rising... :?