#416 for sale with full service history and extras

Reaction score
I was looking for a very well-maintained Clio when I picked up this Trophy in June 2016. It has more than lived up to my expectations.

It comes with a full service history and a big file of additional receipts going back to 2006. The car is also listed on Pistonheads where you can see more pictures. Happy to send more if needed.

Among other things it has had…
• Brand new battery (warranty replacement) this month
• New front and rear discs and pads including rear hub bearings in January this year
• New “dog bone” stabiliser mount bushings in January this year
• Full underbody, wheel arch and cavity wax at authorised Dinitrol treatment centre – September 2017
• Coolant temperature sensor (known weak point) – June 2017
• New alternator – February 2017
• Sachs rear dampers replaced – November 2015
• Scorpion RS192 stainless exhaust – August 2015
• Timing belt service including dephaser pulley, water pump and auxiliary drive belt – April 2015
• Sachs front damper service – May 2010

The tyres are Yokohama Advan Neova AD08Rs all round with 5mm left on the fronts and 3mm on the rears.

The car will come with a full set of Michelin Alpin 5 winter tyres that were fitted in late November last year and came off in April – these were nearly £500 for the set and well worth it too.

A spare pair of rear dampers will also be included in the sale.

Modifications are minor and subtle: the exhaust mentioned above; a K & N air filter and an upgraded back seat from the regular 182. This not only looks much better than the standard “Campus” spec bench seat but is split for folding, allowing you to seat 3 people with extra luggage room if needed. Insurance is about £300/year for me so the underwriters don’t seem concerned at all.

Mileage is currently 92331 but this will rise slightly as the car is still in use.

The MOT runs until April 2019. The last three MOTs have all been straight passes – I’ve been keeping up the maintenance!

Cosmetically the car looks good but there are a few minor issues, commensurate with age. Worst of these are: a small tear in the driver’s seat bolster (currently taped over – see pictures); a scuff on the front bumper and a small patch of corrosion at the edge of the bonnet, just above the light. These are just about visible in the pictures.

The stereo currently doesn’t work, which dates back to when the alternator went in February last year. I think it’s recoded itself because the code Renault supplied stopped working. Renault would like £120 to diagnose the problem so I’ll leave it up to the new owner to decide whether to go down that route or to fit a replacement (or cycle through the 10,000 possible codes in the hope of getting lucky)!

All-in-all a very good, usable car with excellent history behind it. One to drive, not stow away!

Viewing possible in Macclesfield, Cheshire. Asking £8000 for the car.

Any questions – just ask

Thanks for looking!

Tom

Attachments

• Near side small.jpeg
    Near side small.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks like the Trophy's replacement is going to need a fair bit of work and sooner than I'd like so I'm dropping the price to £7300.

Reaction score
Well, it seemed like #416 really didn't want to be sold last year because it decided that would be the best time to develop both the inlet manifold oil leak and a misfire. I therefore took it off the market while I got everything sorted.

It's now had the inlet gasket sorted; new coil pack and plugs and been over to Birchdown for injectors and another regular service. They also sorted out the radio too. I'll be putting it on ebay soon but if anyone wants to make me an offer then now's the time!

Reaction score
Well, it seemed like #416 really didn't want to be sold last year because it decided that would be the best time to develop both the inlet manifold oil leak and a misfire. I therefore took it off the market while I got everything sorted.

It's now had the inlet gasket sorted; new coil pack and plugs and been over to Birchdown for injectors and another regular service. They also sorted out the radio too. I'll be putting it on ebay soon but if anyone wants to make me an offer then now's the time!
Did it sell?

Reaction score
Yep, now sold. I’ve still got a set of winter tyres. I’m guessing they won’t be of much interest for 6 months or so but if anyone wants to buy them them feel free to give me a shout later in the year.