Reaction score
Just passed its mot today and will have 6 months tax on from Tuesday. The only reasons for sale are I want a T5 Transporter for towing my race car and I just don't have the time to give it the TLC it deserves and I would normally lavish on one of my cars. The plan was always for it to be kept long term and be returned to factory standard. For reference see my build threads for previous restorations of my S1 106 Rallye HERE
Ph1 172 HERE
And my race car build HERE
Hopefully those will give you an idea of how I like to treat my 'toys' and why I can't dedicate enough time to the V6 now that I have a new born and race commitments taking up all my time.
Anyway enough waffling here are the details.
2002/52 iceberg silver ph1 with just under 30k miles, HPI clear. I've taxed it from Tuesday so if the weather is nice I'll take every opportunity for a run out. Just Mot'd today too. Standard apart from Ph2 18" wheels which suit the ph1 so well IMO. ph2 interior handles inside too.
Lots of work done recently and money spent such as.
Just been serviced with oil and filter, fuel filter and x6 plugs and coils. Also just had precat lambda sensor, x2 exhaust clamps and throttle pedal potentiometer. Previous service (circa 1k miles ago) was the cambelt service inc aux belt and water pump. Book is stamped up to date.
Over the winter it's had some parts to prepare it for its mot, It is wearing brand new Michelin Pilot super sport tyres all round. Just had a new reverse light switch, high level brake light (in spoiler) and all the brakes stripped, greased and reassembled, the discs are fairly new. While doing the brakes all the calipers were refinished in the original satin black, under the arches, sills and floor were treated to a couple of coats of underseal.
The main job I'd like to do is some paintwork on the car, it's had previous paint before and would benefit from a lower panel blow over. There are a couple of marks on the front bumper and skirts as to be expected and a couple of pin dents in the bonnet. There are some marks on the wheels also and would benefit from a refurb.
These were jobs I was planning to do and had gathered some accompanying parts to replace once painted which I have now fitted X2 new door seal kits, x2 new front fog lights including refurbed surrounds, x2 sideskirt fitting kits, Speedy fasteners front storage fixing kit, new tool box straps, and new front splitter. I've also had the side pods repainted.
Inside, the centre console and grab handles have been redone in exterior body colour iceberg silver. The steering wheel has been re-trimmed by snappy in blue and black leather with silver/grey stitching. The rear engine cover and trims have been redone in black as I think they match the interior better and am not a massive fan of all that grey in the back, easily changed back should you wish though.

Overall its a very nice usable future classic that drives great and with some little bits sorted would be one of the best Ph1's out there with low mileage.

Looking for £9,250 Ono and am open to a cheaper px that let's me have a cheaper toy for nice days such as a 172/182 or trophy or maybe even a 197/R26 if its not too expensive. Just let me know what you have. Hopefully I'll get some more nice pictures this weekend but if you need any specific ones in the meantime just let me know.
Thanks
russ
Rughead40@hotmail.com

9asu4ejy.jpg
punynu9a.jpg
sa2esere.jpg
tu8aju6y.jpg
tahuhyhe.jpg
huse6ynu.jpg
da8apady.jpg