Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just started to notice this more recently. It's not really apparent at speed, only occasionally showing itself but at low speed going over speed bumps and the like there's an obvious creak/crash from the front left of the car.

It's definitely the left as I've made sure to go over speed bumps with only one side of the car at a time and the right side is quiet.

That being said, I can't actually notice anything negative in the way the car handles. I only got the car a couple of months ago and the previous owner had the shocks refurbished at Cornering Force last Summer.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Is a fairly loud creak/crash unlikely to be the sort of sound the shock absorber would make and more likely along the lines of what you're suggesting?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The fact I can't notice anything in the handling would lead me to believe that either the shock is fine or I am completely ham-fisted.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Turned out to be a creaking polybush in the front wishbone. Couldn't be arsed with getting polybushes so just had both wishbones replaced with OEM parts.