Reaction score
Trophy No.
What do we make of something like a 27k mile gap and a 20k mile gap between services? I'd like to think it'll have a negligible effect in real terms given the engines are meant to be strong. I bought a 330Ci before that had over 30k miles between a service and it always ran sweetly at over 100k miles.

Reassure me.

Reaction score
Was the service also missed for 2years? If it was still service every year woulnt bother me personally also aslong as the cambelt and dampers where done recently

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The first service wasn't done for 3 years but was on 14k miles, the next two were are 41k and 61k. Both of these were just a year and a bit apart.

Reaction score
Long gaps but I'd be ok with it. So hard to predict as journey length and type of driving are probably the biggest factors. Lots of short journeys are bad for any engine, new oil or not. Just treat it to a few in the next 12k to make up for it!

To to put your mind at rest a friend of mine bought an old fiesta for £100 with the cvh engine in. Oil came out like thick trecale after over 5 years and 60k without a service. After changing the car ran fine for the another 30k until the body on the sills wouldn't pass an mot - rust buckets that they are. Engine was fine!

Reaction score
If that cam and/or aux belt haven't been changed recently or in line with the schedule then I'd get them done ASAP, but apart from that I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Reaction score
mines didnt have any service history with it but once i got it we got an oil change and done a aux belt so not that fussed about it. its got 91k on it and i think / hope i can get it to 200k :) i will have the clio for years.