Reaction score
I'm looking for interest on a potential second batch of these exhausts. It's the best fitted exhaust available for the 182 and sounds ace. Weighs around 6kg less than standard system. There are a few vids on you tube if you have a search.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33374763237041

Few pics of it off and on the car here.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...&highlight=btb

Only 11 have been made to date (one off batch a few years back) and if you look at getting one made as a one off it'll be around 1200quid. The last batch they retailed at around 600quid a piece. So if we could get enough numbers, we could get a good proce on them.

If you could be interested PM me or pop on http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthre ... ost5378118

Jonny

Ajr

Reaction score
Shed motorsport own the rights to the design, so i presume you'd either have to buy the rights off us, or buy the exhausts through us!

£600 is a good deal IMO. Aside from the resonance issue, they are perfect! Look by far the nicest of the aftermarket exhausts. The only system that could tempt me from standard that's for sure, everything else just looks far too boy racer.

Reaction score
Well it sounds nice, if it's deemed to be a good'un (excuse my inexperience, only owned a trophy for a month) i'll be interested...the only other exhaust i'm looking at is the 192.

Reaction score
Ajr said:
Shed motorsport own the rights to the design, so i presume you'd either have to buy the rights off us, or buy the exhausts through us!

£600 is a good deal IMO. Aside from the resonance issue, they are perfect! Look by far the nicest of the aftermarket exhausts. The only system that could tempt me from standard that's for sure, everything else just looks far too boy racer.

I'm dealing with one of the guys from shed motorsports, so all good in that sense. :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
imo best looking = Orbisoud, they should be hung on art gallery walls
best developed = Prospeed, charlie knows his stuff and has developed a great mod for the oem system, which has since been 'copied' by others.
loudest = yozza's

These two me offer a good medium, between the £1k+ orb and others.

Reaction score
UPDATE: 182 BTB CAT back exhaust group buy £499.68

BTB have got back to me. Here was the reply.

"An order of 5 would cost £597.43 including VAT each. Or if you could generate an order for 10 the unit price will be £499.68 including VAT. The prices do not include carriage, I would prefer for them to be collected as they are bulky and expensive to pack. If we were to send them out individually I estimate a cost for delivery to mainland UK will be around £55."

PR002Clio182.jpg

PR001Clio182.jpg

SPV

Reaction score
Has anything come of this batch purchase yet? Id be interested....PM me if it ever moves forward, cheers...

Reaction score
Very interested as i think this is the only aftermarket exhaust i actually prefer the looks of over the standard exhaust.

Reaction score
Why are these exhausts sooo good?

They seem expensive compared to Prospeed, which according to quite a few people including Cue, are very good and essentially custome made?

Ajr

Reaction score
They are very good marrow(i believe you are on the shed forum?) because they were fully developed and dyno tested in house by BTB exhausts. They are the real deal when it comes to exhausts, their header systems are up there as the best in the world, they use full computer modelling using accurate engine specs inc timing to calculate the optimum sizes and lengths for optimum performance and pulse tuning. They have sliding jigs etc and do dyno(chassis dyno) testing as well. The build quality is also excellent with good quality steel, welding and silencer construction.

I have had BTB products in the past and they have been brilliant, i have been in a few clios with BTBs including Mat(FMP)s inferno cup with the first system ever made, and my only minor grumble is a little resonance in the mid range.

If i was set on keeping my trophy i would 100% invest in a new one and pursue a group buy(i am part of shed motorsport so have permission)

CMR

Reaction score
Any videos? The first link isn't working for me.

They look lovely, the price tag isnt pretty for a cat back, even top spec jap exhausts for my other car are cheaper! But if it sounds good I may be tempted.

CMR

Reaction score
Poor car indeed, however I do really like the sound =D>

Posted in the CS thread

Edit: just watching the ring video from them, ROFL at the first minute with the astra :lol:

Reaction score
Ajr said:
They are very good marrow(i believe you are on the shed forum?) because they were fully developed and dyno tested in house by BTB exhausts..................my only minor grumble is a little resonance in the mid range./quote]

Hi Alex - yes, it's me. How bad is the resonance? That video is brilliant, 1st 4 minutes is top class entertainment!! Is that 182 still alive?!

Ajr

Reaction score
The 182 got a thorough treatment eventually. It had compbrake 4 pots, buckets, full cage etc. But he got bored of it & sold it on. Was for sale at a local renault garage about a year ago so it must have lived. I feel for whoever owns it now as it's had a very hard life.
His time attack car was immense though :D

As for the resonance, it's not too bad unless cruising in the resonant zone which would be approx 60mph. Even then you'd have to be fussy to fault it. I've had far more resonant exhausts in the past.

SPV

Reaction score
This group buy is slowly taking shape over on CS if there are any other interested parties? six more to go!!

Reaction score
Hi,

Is this still going ahead?
Also can i join this group buy via thia forum as i don't really want to spend a tenner joining ClioSport especially fi i join up and find i've missed out!!!

Gman