#168 for sale

Reaction score
It's with a heavy heart i offer my Trophy for sale, i have owned 168 for 11 odd years .
About me... Luke, 168 over the past 12 months has had an extensive restoration to bring it up to what can only be descibed as show standard. Worked at Aston Martin Lagonda in protoytype for 10 years, built the 10 DB10 bond cars ect ect. Currently work for Singer Vehicle design with the lovely DLS cars.

Spec as follows

Original OE spec trophy, only modification is a brand new K Tec trimmed steering wheel and K tec exhaust that came with the car.
7 former keepers of which i have owned and stored the car for 11 of them
FSH over the life of the car
103,500 miles
2x keys
T6PHY cherished plate to stay with the car

Onto the good stuff...

T6PHY/168 has had a labour of love over the winter of 2020 i bought her out of storage with the intention of using her for a summer of shows and car events. Sooo she was stripped backed to a shell and rebuilt using only genuine Renault OE parts. These are all fully reciepted and photographs of work carried out are documented and available.

Chassis work

Body fully stripped of panels and cleaned, no rust to report underside cleaned and sealed where required. Sills checked and straightened
Subframe, rear beam, front knuckles, front ARB and all small bracketry stripped and powdercoated gloss black
Front Sachs dampers shot blasted, rebuilt and dynoed by cornering force, reciept and graphs available. This was not needed i have inspected and dynoed myself before but for the sake of an up to date graph and refresh they are mint. New Renault damper stickers on them too.
New Eibach springs front and rear
New front and rear damper top mounts
New genuine Renault lower front arms, roll bar bushes and clamps (inner,outer) track rod ends
Front and rear brake callipers blasted, stripped and rebuilt with new pistons and seals throughout
New Brembo OE brake flexi lines on front
New rear braided flexi lines to chassis underlines
New front and rear Brembo brake discs and pads (inc bearings)
All fixings removed have been replaced with brand new fixings
Exhaust hangers replaced with new throughout
Exhaust cleaned and polished the k tec cat back is in great shape
Heatshielding high temp painted
All 4 engine mounts brand new original renault parts (the fast road stuff causes too much vibration in my opinion)
All lines throughout the car (ac/brake/rubber hoses cleaned and dressed to show standard)
Arch linings refitted after being dressed with new clips
Anything i didn't like the look of has been taken care off with the chassis. It is completely regreened and drives like an out of the box car now. All parts installed Genuine Renault parts.

Engine/transmission

The engine has been fully stripped back to a bare block and rebuilt. Now this on hindsight was not needed and i have the old bearing and rings for the new owner to keep with the car. No wear upon opening the engine was measured, however part of the mission for the car was to refresh it back to new so.

Complete strip back to bare block, blast and high temp black paint
Hone bores
Strip cylinder head, crack/pressure test/reface. New valve stem seals and reseat valves
New piston rings (standard size/gapping)
New Main and thrust Crank brearings
New big end rod bearings
ARP rod bolts
New Head and crank bolts
New oil pump
New Lower gasket set
New upper gasket set
Camshafts polished
New Dephaser Pulley
New cambelt kit
New aux belt kit
New alternator
New main radiator
New A/C condensor
New Renault clutch and release bearing
New clutch cable
New spark plugs
New OE air filter
Driveshafts stripped, blasted, inspected... Repacked and new boots and clips installed.

The engine build kit is receipted and available from Engine dynamics, measurements and photographs of build are available. Again only genuine Renault parts installed

Body

The body has had a freshen up, the front end had stone chips added with the usual pink door handles and mirror caps the decision was taken to blow over the car rather than touch ups here and there. The car now has no marks, chips or dings due to this.
A considerable amount of money and massive favours were called in on this desission.
A new windscreen and rubber surrounds has been installed so again no chips or weathering of seals present
Once paint work had been completed T6PHY has been treated to a full 3 stage machine polish and ceramic coating.
To prtoect the faultless paintwork ontop of the detailing work i have installed Llumar platinum plus PPF to the full front end of the car, Full wrapped front wings, bonnet and bumper.
Front splitter is present and genuine

Wheels

Original Speedline wheels are fully refurbished in the original gunmetal finish no marks or blemishes
4 x toyo proxes tyres installed

Interior

Fully stripped and deep cleaned to restore original finish.
Belts are clean and silver
Recaros have no rips or tears
Head unit is factory
No crack in heater control panel
No noticable marks on panels
Brand new Renault Sport Mats
Brand new K tec retrimmed steering wheel (red stich/banding) Original wheel is with car although melting is present on this.

Im sure there is much i have missed, there is genuinely too much work and effort from alot of people i know in the trade that has gone into this car.
A huge amout of photographs and paperwork adding up to well over 10k has just been spent building her aswell as the extensive history to go with it, the few miles i have covered since completing work she has been a joy to drive! Super tight and super fun.
No maintainace would be due on her for quite some time and having had all the fragile old parts that are aginging on many cars i can absolutely say she will be trouble free driving.

The Plate T6PHY i think should stay with the car as part of her history so is included in the sale.

Im in no rush to sell her, quite frankly i dont want to sell her, but not having the time to use her up for sale we go... Only listed on here ideally an enthusiast who will cherish and look after her please...

Fresh mot will be done this week or next as soon as i can get one booked

£14.750 ovno

Pm on here or Email Luke_hallam1@hotmail.com for more info pics as i can only post 10 files?...

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_3346.JPG
    IMG_3346.JPG
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3349.JPG
    IMG_3349.JPG
    562.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3360.JPG
    IMG_3360.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3369.JPG
    IMG_3369.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3426.JPG
    IMG_3426.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_E3314.JPG
    IMG_E3314.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_E3320.JPG
    IMG_E3320.JPG
    808.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_E3411.JPG
    IMG_E3411.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 53
  • LMCG1763.JPG
    LMCG1763.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 54
  • UCOA0209.JPG
    UCOA0209.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 56
Reaction score
Wow that is a seriously well detailed history.

You clearly put a lot of time and effort into the car,I hope it finds a very good home.
Good luck with the sale.