Nik
StevieH
Benny223

2 more!

Reaction score
I'd definately be interested but not if it voids my insurance :(

O.

Reaction score
Don't want to be a spoilsport but Ive had mine fitted for about 10 days now and its been nothing but grief .....
I've been back to the ramps at my friends garage 3 times and I cant get it to seat properly. Its fine for a day or so then it starts blowing and gets worse.
I'm pretty sure its not been machined properly.
Its annoyed me so much that I gave in and bought a full system last night from k-tec (inc sport cat).

I really hope the ones you get are a different story as I'd be interested to hear your opinions. Fingers crossed
Good luck people

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
hmm :? :shock:

That's a bit worrying then

Reaction score
Nik

When my system arrives (hopefully midweek) I'll send the decat to you.
Maybe its the way Ive fitted it, maybe the problem is with my exhaust... I dunno
Either way its useless to me so give it a go. Hopefully you can make it work.
Worse case scenario you waste a few days trying to make it seal (gaskets are only £3)
Best case , it works and yer laughing :p

mail me your addy

Reaction score
Clig,

Send It Back to us, and I'll send you a full refund.

Will also check the one that was sent out to you.

Cheers,

/y0z

Reaction score
Clig,

I have been thinking about why you might be having issues with the de-cat.

There is a slight bend on the pipe

IE ----bend left (lamda port on LHS)---- or ----- bend right (lamda port on RHS)-----

we can only think that the pipe is on the worng way around. I you turn it through 180 degrees you should find the problem resolved.

Have you left the metal gastket in place, as this is required.

regardless of, we can offer you a full refund. Just get in touch, as per message.

/y0z

Reaction score
Bugger i really want to get one but the me and the other half have just paid for our holiday.

I have spoken to a guy locally to me who has had a H&S Decat made for his 182 he is running it with the std b/box and says the difference is imense, alot more touque and the car sounds like Renault should have made it.

I know if i go spending more money on the car i wont have any balls left LOL.

YOZ from reading the post, am i right in thinking that the Engine warning light will NOT be lit with the decat fitted.

Only reason i ask is the one that BB Tuning have produced, they i belive were having problems with the second sensor which meant that the Warning light would stay on.

Reaction score
The Engine Light May come on, on the different cars we tested it on, some came on, some didn't or some were intermittant.

We disconnected the second lamda, and again, two were fine, one had the light on.

With any de-cat or sports cat, it will be the same, you run the risk of you emmissions light coming on. This is the compromise side of the extra power.

/y0z

Reaction score
Oh right thats great, just needed to get that clarifyed.

What would happen when it comes to service time and the light is illuminated. Would Renault go down the route of checking the system, or would i be best advising them before the car was booked in like i do with the K&N Panel Filter???

Reaction score
Just had a very helpful phonecall From Yozza discussing turning the pipe through 180 deg / removing the sensor and plugging it instead. I'll give it a go and let you know

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok matey, I'll try and get it fitted at the weekend if its arrived by then