Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've been offered a group buy deal by YozzaSport on 182 Cat replacement pipes.

This replaces the Catalytic convertor. And comes with a lifetime guarantee.

yozzasport_p_img_med_247.jpg
yozzasport_p_img_med_248.jpg

yozzasport_p_img_med_249.jpg

Normal sale price is £140 (£125 + £15 del.)

If 5 people are interested then they can be purchased for £115 each (£105 + £10 delivery)

Would anyone be interested in this?

I'm going to be purchasing one anyway, but if 4 others are interested we might as well take advantage of the discount.

Reaction score
Go on then Nik!

Think it would be rude to pass on a bargain.

Anymore takers?

Steve

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
:D

They appear to be really easy to fit on the 182 too.

The 172 was a pain because the cat joins the manifold higher up behind the engine, but on the 182 the cat is further back. Just pushes into a socket on the center section end then attaches with 2 bolts on the manifold side.

182cat.jpg

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It will obviously increase the volume. How much is difficult to say, but when connected to the standard exhaust with 2 silencers and the center box it's not going to be stupidly loud. The standard 182 exhaust is very quiet, should just give it a slightly more sporty tone.

Reaction score
*** Without Prejudice ***

Benny223 said:
im not so sure on decatting, how loud will it be! I know it's not mot passable, but volume wise - legal?

Noise Wise; having a noisy car is not illegal, however, having a car that doesn't meet emissions is. A de-cat / link pipe will more than like cause you car to fail an emissions test.

If you choose to run it on the road, the likelihood of a 55 / 05 reg car being stopped isn't high... (my personal opinion, not the view of the YozzaSport Ltd.)

We sell the system with the guidance that it is intendend for track use only.

:)

/y0z

hyb

Reaction score
Can it be fitted just by jacking up the rear of the car, and removing just the cat or does the whole system have to come off.

In simpler words can i do it on me drive or pay Dave the mechanic £20 to put it on a ramp :)

Reaction score
DAM YOU YOZ. I really want one but funds are a little tight. :(

£140 is resaonable anyway, so even if the offer ends I may still get one at a later date.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, I reckon you'd be able to do this one yourself as unlike the 172 you can actually get at the bolts and there's only 2 of them. But at worst you'd have to bung a few quid to Dave with his ramp to fit it . :p

I was charged £25 by my local exhaust center to remove the decat and refit the cat on my 172 before I traded it in and that was a tricky job.

Reaction score
Nik – great idea and thanks for letting us know.

Couple of questions just waiting for an unbiased answer… ;)

1) Will it give any power gains?
2) Will it still meet noise compliance at most tracks (e.g. Bedford etc.)?

To me these are the most important questions…

Cheers
O.

hyb

Reaction score
It'll be way under the noise compliance levels for sure, most of the noise is muted by the backbox, changing that is where the difference comes

Reaction score
Oh it's so tempting and at a great price - but I'm going to have to pass on this as just recently I have passed two emission testing zones set up the Police in Croydon (near where I live) and Leathehead (where I work).

Out of interest what is the penalty for not passing an emission test, where would you stand on insurance? Would you're insurance be null and void by fitting a de-cat pipe?

7MAT

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see RR output before and after to see if there are any gains. The other issue would be whether the check engine light will be on all of the time or not. Still if there are gains, that's a great price.

-robert

Reaction score
The 172 Link Pipes (De-Cats) free up between 5-10 BHP (it does vary).

Light - disconnect the second lamda and zip tie it up out of the way.

OR

Insert a bolt into the hole and remove it completely.

:)

/y0z

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
We need 5 buyers. I'm not sure how long it is open for i will check with Yoz.

I'd like to get hold of mine next week, as i'll then have the ability to get a noise test reading at a trackday, and rolling road run with it on too (if time allows i may even be able to do a before and after run).

As there seems to be some interest, maybe Yoz could supply me with mine (at the group buy price!) and in return I can post results (sound level and performance on the RR) which should answer a few of peoples questions if they are unsure.