Reaction score
216 has just 23,050k on the clock and today the service light came on...... this is not unexpected, but at the same time the ESP light came on as well.
I tried pressing the ESP button but it made no difference, the light stayed on.

After parking up for lunch i came back and on starting the car neither of the lights came on, and the ESP button now does what it is meant to do.

Any ideas? is this normal when the service is due or has anyone else experienced this?

cheers

Ollie

Reaction score
Had the service light come on flashing. It has happened twice, each time after engine idling for about 3+ mins. After turning engine off and on again It went off. last time it happened was about 6 weeks ago. Never had a problem with ESP light. Think there is a thread about that......something to do with the brake light switch......best do a search...

Reaction score
mine does this too. Sometimes the ABS light comes on as well!!

Had it back to renault and they said it was the brake warning system, which they recalibrated but a few weeks later it started again.

Everythign seems to work fine but, still bloody annoying!

Reaction score
the 'serv' light doesnt indicate a service i believe it comes on if you have a fault

Reaction score
Trophy No.
182joe said:
the 'serv' light doesnt indicate a service i believe it comes on if you have a fault

Was going to ask why you were expecting the 'serv' light to come on, like Joe said it's a warning light the fact that you are approaching 24k is just a coincidence.

Unfortunately time to get it down to the dealers.

Reaction score
thanks for you thoughts, good job i have tomorrow off work! looks like a phone call first thing.

Stealers here i come.

Reaction score
it may be a loose connection in the wires under the passenger seat, that makes a couple of lights come up on the dash until you wriggle it around!

Reaction score
If i remember correctly the same happened on my old 182, took it to the stealers and they sorted it in a couple of mins. They said it was something to do with my brake or accelerator sensor being set incorrectly.