Reaction score
what buggers the lights or the bulbs either way it doesnt take that long.

still thinking xenons so the black surround or the grey??

Reaction score
yer but HID's CAN look at bit chavy i think, you either see them on a DUBed Polo, or Scoobys. the xenons look great, don't blind everyone coming the other way, and give people on the pavements at night skin cancer.
or at least thats where i'm at, dunno though

Reaction score
you can get 2300k, 4300k, 6000k and four higher power ones. 4300k look good i think

Reaction score
if you change the Trophy lights to the FF 182 zenons then you will also need to fit the FF182 headlight washers, your car will fail it's next MOT if you dont...
you need to look deeper...

Reaction score
or you can just install a HID kit and when MOT time just out HID Bulbs and plug (not the whole kit) from headlights and insert standard bulbs :)

Reaction score
son of solo said:
if you change the Trophy lights to the FF 182 zenons then you will also need to fit the FF182 headlight washers, your car will fail it's next MOT if you dont...
you need to look deeper...

Although technically correct, any car fitted with Xenon HID headlamps should have headlamp washers and self levelers, as long as the car has correct headlamps, even projector style headlamp with aftermarket HID kit, and not a halogen headlamp which has lines all over the lens to refract the light, your car should have no trouble come MOT time as long as headlamps correctly set up headlamp aim.

Our FTO from 1997 has as standard Xenon HID headlamps, it was one of the first cars to ever have them fitted and as such has no self levelers or headlamp washers. It's passed it's SVA test and 2 MOT's since being brought to the UK. OK it probably precedes any European car being fitted with them and being so early in production no one had thought of the need to clean or self level, but as an import it still has to meet Euro guidelines, ie fitment of rear fog lamp, I have know some to fail SVA, but 95% pass with no problem, most SVA/MOT people only check for the light beam pattern, not the other items.

Link to VOSA guidelines on after market http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

Reaction score
I fitted HID upgrade - My car went in for MOT a few weeks back and went straight through :) I got the 6500k which look exactly the same as bmw's/audi's. I have never been flashed by oncoming traffic, I have the height adjuster set on 1 so it is slightly lower but I find them fantastic. when you put full beam on it doesn't make much difference :lol:

Reaction score
I have a FF182 and I removed the headlamp washers because they look crap and do bugger all in the way of cleaning the headlamps anyway, I'd definitely fit the xenons, did it to my girlfriends 182 cup and it made such a difference, and she had upgraded bulbs in her poverty spec headlamps too! Don't know why the trophy didn't come with them as standard personally!

Reaction score
I went for these bulbs: http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=152

>>5000K - high colour temperature
>> Distinctive blue light
>> Xenon/HID styling
>> NOT road legal within the EU

dv-h1-pb.jpg

Decent xenon effect without the hassle of changing your headlight units to proper xenon ones.

Reaction score
Lamps not bulbs, bulbs grow in the garden ;) why would you want xenons anyway? You would just piss people off blinding them at night.

Reaction score
bulb noun (LIGHT) ...... :roll:

I prefer xenons much better @ night the only xenons that blind me at night are the ones on Range Rovers because the lights are level with your window :lol:

Reaction score
No need to correct me. They are lamps not bulbs its got nothing to do with the word they are lamps.