MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I know what you are saying but as i have worked in the motor trade for the last 14 years and 3 of my best mates are MOT testers i know all about the rules that "Might" be coming in as of next year.

I have spoke to many garages with MOT testers and the feedback that i get is that VOSA dont want cars to fail and they want as many passes as possible. Why this is i cant answer but thats what i have been told by so many testers.

Think of how many cars would fail MOTs due to number plates not having the BSA Number & Postcode stamped on it along with the correct spacing and lettering - There would be 1000s a day.

I for one would not have had "ANY" of my cars passed as i have always had blank plates like my old vectra (Picture Below)

At the end of the day its a personal choice i have chosen and i like it, Alot of people mod there cars in different ways. They may not see there car pass an MOT but yet it will fly through due to contacts or friends, De-Cats are a perfect example.

07052009062.gif

Reaction score
MarcR, I'm not flaming you for installing the xenon units, I would have done it myself, but the new regs just put me off and I don't have the contacts in the motor trade like you. It's hard enough for me just to get my car to pass emissions! LOL.

It's your choice and I have nothing against that, but I just thought I'd put that information out for the benefit of everyone.

Incidentally the self levelling unit looks like this:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?648956-Can-someone-confirm-what-this-does

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry if you thought i was starting to bite at you.

I know what the self levelling unit is and what it looks like, They are common for breaking on Audi's (S3's TT's & So On)
We changed a fair few in the garage all be it slightly different to the renault unit its still the same and does the same job.

There is many new laws going to end up coming into play and im sure in years to come there will be that many cars like ours will be very hard to put on the road.

I went for this mod as alot of the driving i do is in dark single track roads and after changing to M-Tec bulbs the next step was to go for xenons.

Reaction score
I'd like to get a set of OE xenons units, the plastic lens cover in my existing units has started to degrade due to exposure to the elements, especially around the indicator area where there is fair amount of yellow haze/minute cracks. I guess I'll wait and see how it all pans out next year. Would these self levelling units be easy to fit on the Trophy and is the cabling all there?

Reaction score
I'd like to get a set of OE xenons units, the plastic lens cover in my existing units has started to degrade due to exposure to the elements, especially around the indicator area where there is fair amount of yellow haze/minute cracks. I guess I'll wait and see how it all pans out next year. Would these self levelling units be easy to fit on the Trophy and is the cabling all there?

Just wet sand them and polish them back up via DA. They'll be good as new then.