MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Well thanks to steve i got myself a really nice set of headlights and he even fitted them to the trophy for me.

People might not thing the are the brightest of lights but they make such a difference.

Xenon01.gif

Xenon02.gif

Xenon03.gif

Xenon04.gif

Xenon07.gif

Xenon08.gif

Xenon09.gif

Xenon10.gif

Xenon11.gif

Xenon12.gif

Reaction score
Are they direct replacements? Also you using the original Xenon bulbs or HiD's in there and are the adjustable.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Once you get the bumper off it takes about 2mins to swap them over with no messing about.
They are a direct fitment and look 100 times better than standard lights.

Im using standard Xenon bulbs that are OE on the clios and they adjust when you switch them on.

Reaction score
i like this , ive just bought my self some too, shame i cant get them sorted till i come back to the uk! ah well wait till jan! all i need

Reaction score
Once you get the bumper off it takes about 2mins to swap them over with no messing about.
They are a direct fitment and look 100 times better than standard lights.

Im using standard Xenon bulbs that are OE on the clios and they adjust when you switch them on.
Do you have the self leveling sensor then?

Reaction score
TBH, It will, if the tester is doing their job properly.

Vast majority don't though. I don't see the problem with xenons/hids in projector head lamps as they don't blind you but when you have folk that fit hids to normal halogen head lamps that's when you get blinded.

Reaction score
Yeah, I totally agree with that. The only time those are going to blind people are when you've got loads of weight in the back, because they dont have the auto levelling system on the rear beam.

However, the manual control can just be used to dip them back down again.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Haters Going To Hate.

Its not like i have spray painted the car dyno rod orange.

I fitted a OE part to my car and if i really wanted to i could also fit the head light washers also but as my car will pass an MOT i wont bother.

The amount of cars that will fail MOTs due to number plates but dont is huge so im sure my lights will be fine and as steve has pointed out they wont blind anyone.

Reaction score
I'm not even complaining lol. I had xenons on my low 1.2, and then for a short time on the Trophy. I only took them off the trophy because I thought the Halogens were better.

Reaction score
When I had my 172 with xenons, I remember them being quite bright but strangely the range wasn't that far due to the sharp cut-off of the light cast on the road. I adjusted the beam to point a little higher which improved things a little but I did get flashed every now and again. I was thinking of getting another set when I saw a pair of OE headlight units for sale recently, but I checked the new MOT rules that are going to be enforced from the start of next year and decided against it. It requires the unit to be self leveling and requires washers as detailed:
Vehicles with HID headlamps are therefore required to have a headlamp washing system (a wiper is not required) and be self levelling, which may be achieved either by the use of either headlamp or suspension levelling systems.
The presence and operation of these headlamp cleaning and levelling devices has been added to the test. Therefore, if a mandatory headlamp levelling or cleaning device is missing, inoperative or otherwise obviously defective this will be a reason for rejection.

However it also says high performance cars with next to no boot do not require it:
It is also worthy of note that a few high performance vehicles fitted with HID headlamps that have barely any luggage space and stiff suspension do not require a self-levelling system.

I have Halfords 120% Brilliance bulbs currently (BOGOF) and are bright enough for me and light up more of the road than the xenons did on my 172, ...but they're not as bright or as cool as the xenons.;) You could go to a scrappie or find some who is breaking a 182 to see if you can get the washers, it should be to simple fit, but I can't say whether the self levelling device would a be a simple plug and play affair. I think they are fitted to the rear suspension so the cabling may already be there but blanked off.

More details of the new rules are here:
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/mot-changes
and more specifically here:
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/customer-information-notice-cars-2010.pdf

Reaction score
If they over look the Xenons then the garage will be over look anything and that's not a place I'd have my MOT done, just for the fact its safety related I'd like my car to be in road safe condition.
No one is saying they look rubbish and yes its on your back but for the record it's AGAINST the law end off, it has to have washer jets and leveling sensors which clearly yours dont.
I'm sure the GOV would love to know the garage your having your MOT done will be FRADULANT. There is no argument to it.