Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
they look sweet!!! the F1 car in the back ground looks nice to, but doubt it would be able to keep up with my cup!!! lol

Reaction score
Cup can stay with a P1? LOL i like that.

Ive followed a friends P1 in my Williams. By about 4 meters into the race he was about ooooo, id say 3.9 meters ahead. :?

Ask Paul Mitchel. The P1 at the evo shoot left his Lotus Carlton for dead upto 100. Only after 100 that the Lotus held its ground and started to real the impreza in, but it was too late then.

Reaction score
erm, Stromba, I wouldn't take the piss too much, I don't see why Paul would lie, afterall the P1 is his and the modded Cup is his brother's, Neil... who is off CS, his is a fast Cup, about same as Chris 'n' Nic's down the strip.

your Williams prolly got smoked because it's standard (apparently) and you only drive your car to 5k (apparently), so it stands to reason really. the Cobham shoot we left you for dead too, 0002 can't be that quick as it had a zorst and chip iirc that day :eek:

Reaction score
Im sorry jesus, but the difference between a P1 and a cup / 182 / williams / 172 is HUGE. Down a straight at Donnington, i doubt a clio would get half way before the impreza was at the first corner. I would say he had a poorly P1 if he failed to pull at least 10 car lengths on the cup upto top speed. Either that or he had no idea hwo to drive it.

Like i said this car pulled car lengths on a lotus carlton upto 100. What chance would a cup stand? None.

My williams probably got smoked because i dont live in fantasy land. I now the limitations of my car and i know the difference between 'waht a mates brother did' and what would happen in reality. Our cars are good at what they do, and they are great fun to drive, but lets not get silly about this and make wild claims about supercar straight line speed. I just makes the forum look foolish.

Reaction score
TheJesus said:
erm, Stromba, I wouldn't take the **** too much, I don't see why Paul would lie, afterall the P1 is his and the modded Cup is his brother's, Neil... who is off CS, his is a fast Cup, about same as Chris 'n' Nic's down the strip.

your Williams prolly got smoked because it's standard (apparently) and you only drive your car to 5k (apparently), so it stands to reason really. the Cobham shoot we left you for dead too, 0002 can't be that quick as it had a zorst and chip iirc that day :eek:

And the reason you left me for dead at cobham was because i wasnt moving. I was still trying to pull out of the junction while you lot had all dissaperaed from sight. The 'race' consisted of me driving to the first roundabout, deciding i couldnt see which way you had gone, and making my own way to the motorway. If you class that as a race victory in some way, then obviously your other 'races' against other cars we hear about have to be called into question.

As for racing, well the track is the best place for that. Ive no experience of car racing so you should beat me.

Reaction score
Stromba, Paul and Neil are brothers, I don't see why Paul would big up his bro's car when he wasn't too happy about it being that close in the first place. I dont bout for a second that a P1 would piss on any Clio, but we're talking about a modded Cup and you should know yourself that those RSport chips make the difference, as Neil, Chris and TimO all have them and run near 14.0 dead consistently with terminals of about 100mph. A P1 is a fast car, but it's power to weight is pretty similar to Neil's 185+bhp Cup... your the scientist, you do the maths mate ;)

This is also not a standing drag, we all know who'd win that. all he said was that his brothers cup is with him to 80-90mph from a rolling start... that's perfectly realistic imo as that's probably a 30-40mph roll in 2nd upto 80-90... only 50ish mph or so to travel, which both cars will be doing in a matter of seconds... after that i'm sure the P1 comes into it's own, as it does on launch. for someone that likes the argue based on the logic and science i'm surprised at you really.

Re the Lotus, was it running properly? you'll never know, just in the same respect you don't know if the P1 is running right... or more importantly, standard. Only way is to strip them to bits. lol

So your Willy probably got smoked because it's apparently standard and therefore will be no where near as quick... stands to reason really.

Re Cobham, the junction was clear both sides as you could see for miles... what were you waiting for, a written invite? lol

I never said it was a race, but you try following 2 live... lol. I wanted to get home, he knew the way, so was prolly a good idea to just follow him... not as easy as it sounds... hehe

Reaction score
Cup - 1021 kg with 170 bhp = 166 bhp per tonne

Impreza P1 - 1295 kg with 280 bhp = 216 bhp per tonne

Yeah ive done the maths, and the P1 pisses on the cup. The cup needs to be gaining around 50 bhp to be on level terms, and id suggest an lsd as the fwd hatch wont be able to put that power down properly.

Even with 185 bhp cup the results are as pathetic:

Tuned Cup 1021 kg with 185 bhp = 181 bhp per tonne

Whats your point? A P1 will do 0-100 in 12.28 seconds. Like i said, it pisses on a cup.

I cant see how you can argue otherwise :?

Reaction score
ive driven a P1, and without doing any standing starts it does feel significantly quicker than any 182 ive driven

Reaction score
Prodrive P1
Throughout 1999, there were strong rumours that the UK market was at long last going to receive a Japanese specification Impreza, with improved levels of overall performance. A two door white Impreza Turbo running on 17 inch gold alloys and Prodrive number plates had been spotted several times. September 22nd 1999, Autocar magazine run a scoop showing this very same white car, along with a glowing write-up, and an estimated price tag of £30k. Despite having a few inconsistencies (eg 2.2 litre engine with 350bhp!), the article answered many of the questions enthusiasts across the country had been asking for many weeks. The white car was actually a prototype for the forthcoming UK spec Impreza supercar. Based on the 2 door Impreza body shell (but without the wide arches of the 22B)., the car had been developed by Prodrive during the previous year in conjunction with Fuji Heavy Industries and Subaru Tecnica International in Japan. It had been designed from day 1 to be Subaru UK’s response to both ‘grey imports’ and the phenomenal Mitsubishi EVO 6, which had been receiving rave reviews all year long. "Shock Subaru Announcement - New UK Spec 280 PS Impreza Turbo" was the title of the press release, which ran to a full 9 pages. This car was to be called the Prodrive P1 (Prodrive One), would have the full 280PS (276bhp) of the Japanese spec cars and carried a full 3 year warranty with support from all Subaru UK dealers. This astonishing car had been painstakingly developed, and not only met all requirements necessary for full European Type Approval, but also set class-leading standards for both ride and handling. The main features of the car are as follows:

2 Door Saloon Body
Available exclusively in Sonic Blue, similar to the WRC cars, and the same as the 22B
280PS engine, with an estimated 260 lb/ft of torque
Top speed of 155mph, 0-60 in 4.6 seconds
Special Hella driving lamps
Specially Designed "Titanium" 10-spoke O.Z. 17 x 7 alloy wheels
High Ratio Steering Rack
Ventilated front and rear brakes
Shorter throw "Quickshift" gearchange
4 Channel ABS brakes
Rear wiper
Specially designed aerodynamically superior front and rear spoilers
Category 1 alarm/immobiliser, and RAC Trackstar tracking system
Air Conditioning
A production run of 1,000 cars was eventually produced, and there were some delays in getting the earlier cars to customers, following production problems with some of the parts fitted here in the UK.

brian 8)

Reaction score
SPECIFICATIONS Impreza P1
AWD 2 Door
DIMENSIONS
& WEIGHT OVERALL LENGTH mm 4350
OVERALL WIDTH mm 1690
OVERALL HEIGHT mm 1400
WHEELBASE mm 2520
TRACK: Front mm 1459
TRACK:Rear mm 1449
MIN. GROUND CLEARANCE AT KERB WEIGHT mm 150
KERB WEIGHT kg 1295
GROSS WEIGHT kg 1750
PAYLOAD kg 455
ENGINE TYPE HORIZONTALLY OPPOSED, LIQUID COOLED, DOUBLE OVERHEAD CAM PLUS TURBO INTERCOOLER
BORE x STROKE mm 92 x 75
DISPLACEMENT cc 1994
COMPRESSION RATIO 8.0 :1 +/- 0.2
FUEL SYSTEM Intake Manifold Injection (MULTI-POINT)
FUEL TANK CAPACITY ltr (imp. Gal) 60
FUEL GRADE 95 RON UNLEADED
PERFORMANCE MAXIMUM OUTPUT PS @ rpm 280 @ 6500
MAXIMUM TORQUE Nm @ rpm 343 @ 4000
MAXIMUM SPEED mph (kph) 155 (251)
0-62 mph (0-100 kph) seconds 4.6
ELECTRIC SYSTEM &
TRANS-AXLE CLUTCH: TC = Torque Converter DSPD = Dry Single Plate Diaphragm DSPD
TRANSMISSION TYPE 5 SPEED MANUAL
GEAR RATIOS: 1st 3.166
GEAR RATIOS: 2nd 1.882
GEAR RATIOS: 3rd 1.296
GEAR RATIOS: 4th 0.972
GEAR RATIOS: 5th 0.738
GEAR RATIOS: Reverse 3.333
FINAL REDUCTION GEAR RATIO 4.444
CHASSIS STEERING SPEED SENSITIVE, POWER ASSISTED, RACK & PINION
SUSPENSION: Front INDEPENDENT, MACPHERSON STRUT TYPE, COIL SPRING
SUSPENSION: Rear INDEPENDENT, STRUT TYPE, TRAILING ARM, DUAL LINK, COIL SPRING
MINIMUM TURNING CIRCLE m (ft) 10.4 (34.1)
BRAKES front / rear DISC BRAKES ALL ROUND (ABS)
TYRES(Radial Tubeless) 205/45/R17
WHEELS 7JJ X 17" ALLOY
FUEL
CONSUMPTION URBAN mpg (L/100 km) 19.0 (14.9)
EXTRA-URBAN mpg (L/100 km) 30.4 (9.3)
COMBINED mpg (L/100 km) 25.0 (11.3)
CO2 Emissions g/Km 265

brian 8)

Reaction score
Jesus would die before hed admit there are faster cars than a Mk1 clio / 172cup. We can only hope :p

Reaction score
why do people always use the scooby as a bench mark? Is it cos they are the most dissapointing jap sports car? ....
Apart from the super versions they are a bit ghey.
Some would say a poor mans evo?

Reaction score
This is what the other side thinks about the RS Clio...

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.p ... 512&page=3

...very entertaining reading and good for a laugh, be warned it just keeps going on and on though

wot a bunch of tw@ts(excuse my french!!)

are all scooby drivers like this?

i no people will defend there car but no1 has the fastest car ever produced and it is down to personal views on how different cars perform.

long live the 172 cup/trophy!!!

Reaction score
i agree with u iain c,

i would say the evo or the rx7 is a much better and more rewarding car to drive than a scooby! unless u get a 22b etc the scoob is nothing special and then i can think of better cars i could buy for the price of one of them?

Reaction score
Stromba, we're not talking 0-100 though are we? he's said he's compared it against his brothers Cup with circa 185bhp (assuming this is estemated as Chris' was 190+ iirc?), so I don't really see what the problem is. The P1 figures you have there also seem rather on the fast side for a 280bhp car that weighs almost bang on 1300kg's... by the same logic Chris shouldn't be absolutely level with his mates classic STi (260bhp) at 1235kg's...

P1 also has a 60-100 time of 8 secs, a Scooby RA does it in 7 secs (low side of 7 too), no reason why a modded Cup wont be able to see a fairly similar time, maybe 8-9 secs I would have thought, as high 10's are standard... so to lose out from 80-90 plus from a roll would be about right then :lol:

of course you know best though as is always the case, there will be some form of scientific BS you'll try to numb people's minds with... but i'd tend to believe the three trusted sources that have first hand experience and not someone who preaches their views from behind a computer screen... like you said yourself, if you did see a Scooby or other car that you could give a run for it's money who's up for some fun you don't bother... I do, so do many other people. Shame my mate doesn't still have his, I'd like to show you how my car compares to his with the chip in... you'd be surprised.

Reaction score
rx7's are spot on!!
i looked at one at the end of the summer last year but decided to stay with the cup, the insurance was alot cheapper and its quite hard finding a rx which hasnt been abused!!!

wot do u think of the rx8?

Status
Not open for further replies.