Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
iain_c said:
this is very nit picky...there is hardly anything in it really.
As for the williams well its old news as is my cup. The trophy is the new boy in town and deffo has the advantage over the older stock clios.

...and suddenly ian woke from fantasy magazine land, and realised reality was a very different place, where Ferraris didnt lose to hatchbacks, and M6's did eat little clios for breakfast. Oh well, he thought to himself, at least i can relive my dreams in forum land. And off ian toddled to forum land, where he told everyone of all his statistical friends in the back of magazine land.

Reaction score
thought this thread was about Trophy's and WRX's... hows the Williams become involved :?

agree with Iain, this is getting pedantic. the Trophy as most newer Clio's will be faster than the Williams, it's only the low mile and strong engined ones that do anything special, tbh most are battered now and the fast ones are on low mile or rebuilt engines.

let's not get this locked as it's a good thread... upto now.

Stromba, patronising people like that for putting their view in will only help inflate this image of you not being a very nice person and get the thread locked when you invariable piss everyone off in one go... no need :wink:

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Maverick said:
Has a STANDARD williams ever recorded better than 14.6?

There are 172's that have done...... only a handful, but I guess if you can class a few Northeners cars as 'regular' then I guess I can too...... How many STANDARD cars are there that regularily get in to the 14's? 3? 4?

I have to concur that I haven't seen any eveidence of really quick 182's yet...... Either they don't get 1/4 miled as much... or there simply aren't any... lol

I'm sure once the mileage gets higher then we will maybe see some quick ones. Having said that a 172 Cup has done a 14.5 @ 95 mph with only 5000 miles on it!! :shock:

Sometimes when you go fishing you catch a big one. I guess its my lucky day today. A lesser spotted Maverick. Nice with some chips and vinegar:p

Havnt you got anything useful to bring to disscussion other than "going fishing"? I mean at least you could make yourself useful and make some tea or something?

try www.cliosport.net. There are lots of little boys on there to argue with about who went off topic on which thread. This is a car site mate

Reaction score
dcw@pr said:
[quote="King Stromba":2zpx4utw]
Maverick said:
Has a STANDARD williams ever recorded better than 14.6?

There are 172's that have done...... only a handful, but I guess if you can class a few Northeners cars as 'regular' then I guess I can too...... How many STANDARD cars are there that regularily get in to the 14's? 3? 4?

I have to concur that I haven't seen any eveidence of really quick 182's yet...... Either they don't get 1/4 miled as much... or there simply aren't any... lol

I'm sure once the mileage gets higher then we will maybe see some quick ones. Having said that a 172 Cup has done a 14.5 @ 95 mph with only 5000 miles on it!! :shock:

Sometimes when you go fishing you catch a big one. I guess its my lucky day today. A lesser spotted Maverick. Nice with some chips and vinegar:p

Im not gay, ive just run out of women[/quote:2zpx4utw]

:shock:

Funniest thing The Jesus has ever said.:wink::

hyb

Reaction score
TheJesus said:
thought this thread was about Trophy's and WRX's... hows the Williams become involved :?

agree with Iain, this is getting pedantic. the Trophy as most newer Clio's will be faster than the Williams, it's only the low mile and strong engined ones that do anything special, tbh most are battered now and the fast ones are on low mile or rebuilt engines.

Stromba, patronising people like that for putting their view in will only help inflate this image of you not being a very nice person and get the thread locked when you invariable **** everyone off in one go... no need :wink:

its what stromba does, if he went on blue peter he could turn half a lemonade bottle, some sticky back plastic and a blue pen into a williams if he wanted.

Reaction score
TheJesus said:

Stromba, patronising people like that for putting their view in will only help inflate this image of you not being a very nice person and get the thread locked when you invariable **** everyone off in one go... no need :wink:

Thats true. The williams cars that have been rebuilt are VERY quick. 0200 is loosening up now on 4k and already pulls on jills 172. 0002 on 17k is just astonishingly quick for the suposed 150 bhp it has.

I believe the nana was rebuilt at some poiin too. Mind you a used block that has under gone cycles of heat and cooling will always make a quicker engine than a new block.

Reaction score
Isn't there some folder where all the threads that get pulled off topic and on to the Williams go? This thread has become another one of those bullsh!t ones.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
King Stromba said:
20041215121739699_1.jpg

:lol:

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Thats true. The williams cars that have been rebuilt are VERY quick. 0200 is loosening up now on 4k and already pulls on jills 172. 0002 on 17k is just astonishingly quick for the suposed 150 bhp it has.

I believe the nana was rebuilt at some poiin too. Mind you a used block that has under gone cycles of heat and cooling will always make a quicker engine than a new block.

the nana was originally owned by weight and i think he converted it to 2.0, not sure when Mehdi got it with it's orignal 1.8 and converted it again, but it's not been rebuilt, it's just low miles, 40ish k now. mines now on about 28k, loosening up still at high rpm :twisted:

... about that WRX anyway... who's had a run in with one or driven that particular model? i had a fun time with one last April on the way to Leeds with Northy and another mate in the car :lol:

Reaction score
rallye6 said:
TheJesus said:
a B road blast is entirely dependant on on the drivers ability and size of their balls/ego's.

B roads are where the fun is at, but if you want to just compare the two cars purely on straight line performance there's no better test than having a rolling start against one, or even standing... if you get the chance. I'd find it hard to believe a WRX with 215bhp or 221bhp weighing almost bang on 1400kg's could be as quick, let alone faster than a run in 182, be it standard or Trophy. for handling there are too many variables, would have to be same driver in both cars, but equal experience of each, but I suppose the reason scooby's can be driven fast is for the reason Stromba said, it's an idiots car. It really is though, point the front end at the exit of the corner, power down... only problem is you cant really enter a corner with too much speed due to crap turn in and severe understeer from the car having too much grip.

whoever it was that is going back to a scooby wont be disappointed though, they do feel very fast... but ignore that and watch the speedo... it's dreadfully pathetic, don't be surprised when hot hatches are overtaking you, backing off, toying with you before taking the **** completely and just plain leaving you.

don't get me wrong, the clio trophy is probably the best front wheel drive hot hatch car in its class, but is no match against a subaru wrx.I have lived with both cars and can
definitely enter my favourite B road twisties mutch faster in speed(mph) than I could in the clio.the subaru does install loads of confidence I agree, but still needs to be driven like any other performance car.I think at speed the two cars competing you would need to take more chances in the clio than the subaru.( only my opinion through my driving experience with both cars.

brian 8)

bttt :lol: :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
KS - have you any pictures of youre williams that you say you own? can you post some up i would love to see them all. I love the williams cars and would love to see pics of some that a in as new consition? cheers

Reaction score
matt the cat said:
KS - have you any pictures of youre williams that you say you own? can you post some up i would love to see them all. I love the williams cars and would love to see pics of some that a in as new consition? cheers

(offtopic) (offtopic) (offtopic) (offtopic) (offtopic) (offtopic) (offtopic) (offtopic)

Status
Not open for further replies.