Reaction score
Detaching the audio stalk is the only mildly taxing part of this job, only because it's hard to see the release tab from the top.

I'm back to three settings in the Teg :cry: at least you can't hear the damn relay clicking though.

Reaction score
I bought a new stalk from Renault Stockport yesterday £34 inc VAT - just not sure whether I'm game to start taking the shroud off the column myself.......

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Honestly, don't pay anyone to do this unless it's only the cost of a pint, Pm me and i'll talk you through it if you want.

Reaction score
took me 10 mins to wip one of a car in the scrap yard and fit it onto my car, in the pouring rain with thunder and lightning LOL.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it's really easy, if you can wait till the weekend after next i'll fit it - 10 mins of a job with the right screwdriver set.

Reaction score
and as necessary as sandbags and a canoe in this weather!!!!
the only fiddly bit is getting the audio stalk to pop out

press it in the right place and pops out easily tho :wink:

Reaction score
Just finding the right place is the problem - mine hardly "wobbles" at all and nothing I press seems to make difference - it's as stuck as a stuck thing..... :(

Reaction score
Finally got it sorted!

Thanks to Hoolio for all his advice and assistance - couldn't have done it without the help.

A couple of things I think would be useful to others looking to do the same:

1) Remove the screws underneath the single first then the pair. When I did it the other way the bottom panel stuck on something. This meant I couldn't get the surround off the key barrel and so the wiper stalk wouldn't come out.

2) To remove the stereo stalk - when you look down on it facing the steering wheel press the screw driver right over to the right hand side. There's a slot to the left that looks like it's for a screwdriver, but it's not.

3) Maybe a bit pedantic but I used one of my daughters pencil crayons to mark the plastic surround on the key barrel to make sure I got it back on the right way.

Now I just need some rain!

Reaction score
Finally got it sorted!

Thanks to Hoolio for all his advice and assistance - couldn't have done it without the help.

A couple of things I think would be useful to others looking to do the same:

1) Remove the screws underneath the single first then the pair. When I did it the other way the bottom panel stuck on something. This meant I couldn't get the surround off the key barrel and so the wiper stalk wouldn't come out.

2) To remove the stereo stalk - when you look down on it facing the steering wheel press the screw driver right over to the right hand side. There's a slot to the left that looks like it's for a screwdriver, but it's not.

3) Maybe a bit pedantic but I used one of my daughters pencil crayons to mark the plastic surround on the key barrel to make sure I got it back on the right way.

Now I just need some rain!