Reaction score
i guy at work asked me what the mechanism that the central windscreen wiper sit on is for...i had no idea,i hadnt given it much thought despit it being my second clio sport...something do do with the swap over from LHD to RHD?

Reaction score
What, you mean the fact that the wiper is moved side to side as it rotates?

I assume this is so that what's basically a LHD wiper set up gets into the corner on the drivers side.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you look at the pix oxygen posted of his swiss trophy, LHD, you'll see it's the same as ours. So it's just they didn't refit them for the UK. I think.

Reaction score
Is it easy to adjust the mechanism? My blades don't sit horizontal at rest, so the n/s blade goes too far (over the rubber strip around the windcreen on the n/s A-pillar). I guess it's dead easy to adjust the n/s blade as it's just one nut, but I'm not sure about the o/s one?

Reaction score
I could be wrong... it has been known before :oops: ...but I think that manufacturers put those strange wipe mechanism's into wipers so that they can reach the corners without going too high up the windscreen (off the top)

If you look at the Merc's with a single blade when they wipe them, they kind of bob-down in the middle, I assume the same is true of the clio - it stays low through the top of the sweep and spreads wide at the sides? Anyone else notice it on the merc's?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
AWESOM-O 4000 said:
I could be wrong... it has been known before :oops: ...but I think that manufacturers put those strange wipe mechanism's into wipers so that they can reach the corners without going too high up the windscreen (off the top)

If you look at the Merc's with a single blade when they wipe them, they kind of bob-down in the middle, I assume the same is true of the clio - it stays low through the top of the sweep and spreads wide at the sides? Anyone else notice it on the merc's?

yep, correct.... I assume this is the reason also - it's to help clear more of the screen.

Reaction score
The mechanism is for shorter windscreens... it 'pulls' the wiper down while it reaches the top of the 'arch' (top of your windscreen) and allows for the fitment of a longer wiper blade to reach the full width of the windscreen at rest. Simple but effective mechanics :)

O.