Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nope, it aint going to happen with this generation of clio anyway.

Reaction score
Do you think they would have doubled the numbers if they had all sold out already?

I think they have in Switzerland already.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, I could have seen that happening, although they are numbered as being out of 500 so would be hard to get round that without pissing a lot of people off.

I presume the Swiss models are labeled differently, or not at all as they are in a separate pool and not part of the UK 500.

Anyone know how the Swiss models are badged up if at all?

Reaction score
Yes, all left hand drive.

They had a special Swiss Champion steering wheel, Swiss champion sticker on the tailgate and arches and the different plaque.

Only other difference was a 10 cd autochanger uner the passenger seat as standard.

Reaction score
The 172 Cup was only going to be 500 to start with, then it became 1000, then they just kept on selling the fuckers!!

The Trophy is likely to be the only special edition that doesnt get repeated as its protected by the fact that the Mk3 Clio will be along soon...

ps 172 Exclusive doesn't count 'cos it was crap ;)

Reaction score
there is only 50 been made for the Swiss market, they have all been produced.

There is no way they are able to do a Trophy 2 as the Dipee factory has shut down all production for this version of the Clio which includes the Clio V6. They will once returning from the shut down be recomensing production of the Megane 225.

Reaction score
There's no way the Williams episode will be repeated.

The Swiss cars are separate to the 500 Trophys for the UK. They too are numbered and differ in that the V6 rear spoiler is optional and the Recaro seats are trimmed in the same stuff that's on the back seat

Reaction score
Jeremy, why were the rear seats in the Trophy (or 182 with recaro option) not trimmed in th same material? Was it because a lot of track goers get rid of the rears or was it to keep costs down?

Reaction score
Didn't have enough time to have the rear seats trimmed in the Recaro material. Switzerland chose to have the front seats trimmed in the grahpic night material used on the rear seat.

Reaction score
lol didnt have time. Cost too much more like.

Renault are here to make money folks. You would buy a Trophy with ot without crappy rear seats. So from an economic point of view, crappy seats is what you got.

Reaction score
ps 172 Exclusive doesn't count 'cos it was crap ;)[/quote]

Oi..! In your opinion ofcoarse..... [-X and yes i had one... loved it, just looked a little too understated. :mrgreen: