Reaction score
I also paid too much for my Trophy, as I've recently discovered...but as I was keen to get one and knew they were starting to dwindle, I was not too pressed to haggle. Oh well. I'm not going to dwell on that, I'd rather dwell on what fun it is to drive.

-robert

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dont worry guys, just remind yourself that there are people driving round in cars that cost almost 10 times as much that (according to Evo) are less fun to drive :D

Therefore you still got a bargain.

Reaction score
Indeed the press keep on saying how much of a bargain it was at £15.5k. :D

Reaction score
Nik said:
Dont worry guys, just remind yourself that there are people driving round in cars that cost almost 10 times as much that (according to Evo) are less fun to drive :D

Therefore you still got a bargain.

Come on Nik, the Trophy may punch above its weight, and i can see why some would rather have it over some 30k cars for driving. But to say youd have a Trophy over a £150,000 Aston Martin is rediculous.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ahh no, I didn't say that. I'm not that mad (not just yet anyway..).

Of course I'd rather have a 150k Aston over a Trophy (although if i was given one i'd sell it, buy a Trophy and then get a house with the change :p)

What I said was EVO testers had more fun driving the Trophy round the twisty roads of the Route Napoleon than some of the supercars on test. Doesn't mean the Trophy is a better car, but you are able to push it to its limits which I imagine you cant really do with the supercars on those roads, and is more a case of restraining the cars than pushing them.

Reaction score
LOL, yeah sure. I mean i wasnt that bothered about the ride i got in the zonda, the clio was much more fun :roll:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOL, well the Zonda wasn't in the test, and is a bit more expensive than 150k.

Why is it so hard to believe though? 150k will buy you supercar looks, exclusivity, stupid amounts of power, etc. and in most cases an outstanding driving experience. But who says you need to spend 150k to have fun.

Reaction score
I suspect when Renault have sold the last of the trophys evo will stop going on about it. I wonder why? :roll:

Reaction score
Doubt that's true Stromba, the Trophy is EVO's new favourite hot hatch, I expect it will be mentioned for a long time to come, and used in comparisons when new hot hatches are released. Same as the Williams and 205 are still featured and mentioned in their pages.

Reaction score
They dont mention the 182cup anymore and that finished second last year. Trust me when the next brown envelope comes through the door it wont be mentioned again. :p

Reaction score
The thing is the Trophy is just about the same car as the cup but the latest and final version and it is now the benchmark for hot hatches. Why would you want to run 2 182's in the same test.

Reaction score
Brown envelopes! Scandalous :lol:

We had better get back on topic anyway, and none of us can accurately predict what will happen with the prices of the Trophy in the future.

The cult status that the Trophy is working up to will certainly help re-sale values, we all know it will depreciate, I just hope that it is not as the same rate as the 172's and 182's. Only time will tell.

Reaction score
I think the one thing that counts against the trophy is the colour, i know alot of people like it, but alot dont. I think it was a mistake to paint it that colour.

Day

Reaction score
I'd beg, steal or borrow if it came in the same silver/grey as the Megane Trophy!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I love the colour personally I think it suits the character of the car, but it would have looked good in Megane Trophy colours Silver / Anthracite, and may have appealed to more people.

Reaction score
So you admitting its a quality car in that case?.

I did'nt like the colour to start with but in the flesh it looks miles better than any photo.

Reaction score
Ive never said i didnt think the car was good. However, Jill doesnt like the colour, so well probably get a integre type r.

Its more expensive, but i think a better car overall, and certainly handles better.

Reaction score
Of course I'd rather have a 150k Aston over a Trophy (although if i was given one i'd sell it, buy a Trophy and then get a house with the change )
Exactly! No car is worth 150k! My dream garage costs 30k (rx7 and clio v6) and that will do me! I think you have to be nuts to spend big cash on a car.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
I suspect when Renault have sold the last of the trophys evo will stop going on about it. I wonder why? :roll:

I'll bet that they don't