Where's everyone gone !!!??

Reaction score
Well over 24 hrs since last post...which was mine I think anyway.

I'm I out here alone [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Morning!

It's a busy weekend of sport with the F1, BTCC, The Lions tour and Scotland vs England (Should of passed left :rage:)

Have you had the T out?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sharky's thrown in the towel so we need someone to take his place :wink:

Reaction score
I've only just brought mine home after storage for 5 months. Now got the engine bay in bits and away at the vapour blasters. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Friday I finished a 12 day week, many up to 12 hours moving our work warehouse, yesterday I spent sleeping.

Today will be spent eating, watching GP and deciding what colour to spray my dampers :)

Last edited:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've been painting my hubs and tidying up the front end in general. Turning out quite well actually...

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender 11.jpg

FullSizeRender 9.jpg

Thinking about removing the subframe and Anti Roll Bar for powder coating but they're not actually that bad, starting to get a bit carried away...

Reaction score
400 miles this week in the T - (my daily driver needed an MOT).
Enjoyable but wouldn't want to use it like that every week - it's not a great motorway car!

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ben, its looking sweeeettt. Looks like a suspension overhaul... Will you be doing the front lower wishbones aswell.?
How easy was it to remove the front bearings and refit them. Im guessing you have a press. And did you dip/blast the hubs before paint.?

I myself, has been somewhat pre-occupied with sorting out the TVR Chimaera. Its taking WAY too long to get it on the road....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks guys.

J - Yes, first time Pagid RS4-2 user. I've had Ferodo DS2500's fitted which were really good so it will be interesting to see how the Pagids feel in comparison.

Dave - I've had new wishbones, bushes and track rod ends fitted recently so there was no need to renew them this time. I've pretty much renewed all the suspension and brakes on the front and I've got the bits to do the rear, just need to get round to doing it. I'm going to remove the rear beam axel and have it powder coated as it's looking a bit rusty. I also had a Whiteline ARB fitted which was rather rusty so I removed it, repainted it in red and renewed all the fixings, I'm not sure I made the right choice painting it red though so I might change it, what do you think? It's in the picture below at the back, it's the only picture I've taken of it. My thought was that it would look good matching the spring colour?

IMG_1052.JPG

The hubs I buffed clean using a grinder with a couple of types of wire wheel attachments. It worked brilliantly, all the rust came off very easy but without any additional wearing of the steel underneath. I then de-greased them and painted them with POR15. My friend pressed the bearings out with a 10 tonne press. They were in quite solid but they came out without too much fuss. Hardest part was removing the hubs from the driveshafts, what a job that was!

I've also replaced the KTR Solid Top Mounts with the Pure Motor-Sport type which look pretty sweet..

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Out... not even seen 147 in three months. Think I am turning into @SharkyUK
:tonguewink: I'm not biting.

Sharky's thrown in the towel so we need someone to take his place :wink:
Yep - pretty much mate! I think my Trophy story may soon be coming to an abrupt end and an expensive cube of crushed metal.

I can defo do my best to miss all meets
You're already doing a great job of that...! :tonguewink:

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im a BIG fan of the Pagid RS4-2,s. And the RS4-4,s...Ive used them on a Porsche 968CS I owned and ran on numerous track days. GREAT pad, but be wary of the cold bite, there wasn't much of one...
The Whiteline bar. I couldn't get on with mine, so removed and sold it...
Looks like a nice group of refreshed parts...