1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel refurb,ing.

Discussion in 'Clio Trophy Discussion' started by Big Dave, Aug 25, 2017.

1. andy tims

andy tims

Trophy No.:
    008/500
    I'd like to know that too please?

2. hoolio

hoolio

Trophy No.:
    307/500
    I think the closest match was Rover stone grey but apparently that is noticeably darker.

Caps, I washed them used a detailing brush with a degreaser and then polished with a finishing polish and soft micro fibre so almost no abrasive action at all. I have to admit I was surprised how well they came up.

3. Miller

Miller

Look good Hoolio. Nice one.

4. Ashtons99

Ashtons99

Trophy No.:
    449/500
    does the actual exact colour really matter if you are doing all 4. I have the colour code for wet paint but I don't think that applies to powder coating. I had mine powder coated and have sat the wheel alongside a brand new turini and I can't see a difference. I just asked the powder coated to match the new colour to my original and it seemed to work.

5. Big Dave

Big Dave

So ashton, do you happen to know the code of the powder coat colour that they used.
    Itd be a MASSIVE help, not only to me, but to others that might want to get theres done.
    Ive had one set of wheels done, but they have turned out a little bit "bronze" anthracite in colour, rather than the "blue-ish" anthracite of the originals. I think they look good, but there obviously not "correct"....

6. Ashtons99

Ashtons99

Trophy No.:
    449/500
    I don't I'm afraid. I get them done through a motor trader friend. I don't deal with the guy directly. I've had various wheels done in the past. He just collects them and drops them back off and takes £40 a wheel off me!