Reaction score
Hi

Anyone know what this is ? when looking at the front of the car on the right side between the edge of the lower grill and fog light if you look under the car you can just see a cylindricle shaped thing that looks like a coil.
Well on mine it looks like there is some fluid leaking from it, cant quite make out where it goes with out taking things off.

Any help much appreciated :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not sure what you're describing... sorry. it may be bad news if something is leaking but it could be just air-con condensation or even if you refilled the washer bottle recently..

Reaction score
Cheers Cue

It looks like its weeping oil? but it is very close to aircon radiator.
I will have to have a proper look tommorrow and post back.

Reaction score
Had a quick look this afternoon and its something to do with the aircon.....I assume this will be covered under warrenty?

Attachments

• aircon pic.JPG
    aircon pic.JPG
    539.2 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well you, i and everybody else would think so but this is reno we are talking about, warranty claims seem to be handled totally arbitrarily.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ye good luck with that 1. [-o<

Keep us posted, be good to know wheather it is covered under warrenty.

Reaction score
Update: Its been with Renault stockport all day but they rang at 4.30pm to say they cant locate the origin of the leak and need to strip more of the front of the car..... [-o<
Let you know more soon

Reaction score
Well picked the car up today and all is well apparently it was leaking on the exchanger which takes the condensation out of the air.

Also had them look at the passenger seat as it rattles - they have ordered some new rails in for next week so all's well and good for now (tup)

Reaction score
Ah well should have known better, I moved the car off the drive last week to find yet another puddle of oil...yep its still leaking.
A quick call to dealer to explain fault and "its probably just condensation from the unit they dont have oil in them" :evil: Grrrr its just been in for repair!!

So in it went again "we can do the seat rails aswell as they have just come in " yeah right :^o

Anyway its the dryer thats u/s not the pipes that they had fitted.So now its got to go back in and just to show how good they are I got 2 letters from them yesterday asking me to book it in for the drier to be fitted and the seat rails have arrived 2 weeks after fitting them.........

To be continued........