Reaction score
just wondering what the point in having the jack in the car...?
if you dont use it for punctures because of the foam why bother at all....its already been said the jacking points on the sills arnt up to it either
i've took mine out the car ....saving 3kgs

Reaction score
I suppose if you want to change your own pads :) I think the jacking points are OK if you're careful they the placement is correct when lifting.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
because the foam only fills the space available. you need the jack to lift the wieght of the car so the tyre is not deformed.

Apparently!

Reaction score
Yup, exactly as hoolio says: you need to jack up the car before pumping the first can of foam into the tyre.

Also the jack is useful for:

- Removing wheels for cleaning purposes
- Removing wheels for maintenance purposes (pads, discs etc.)
- Gaining access to concealed areas behind wheels (e.g. during acoustic valve removal)
- Replacing foglight bulbs
- Replacing horn
- Helping someone else at the road side (by law in some instances)
- Adding 3kg to the rear of the car as a balancing ballast

Ok, you get the idea... ;)

O.

Reaction score
son of solo said:
saving 3kgs
:lol:

ollie said:
Adding 3kg to the rear of the car as a balancing ballast
:lol: :lol:

I was wondering the other day (when I used to own a Trophy), if you could replace the brake pads wthout removing the wheels. There's a lot of room between those spindly spokes.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think i'd rather remove the engine without opening the bonnet!
Back on subject, wanted to check this before i posted as i was told by the dealer that these cans of foam have a very limited lifespan, seem to remember 18 months although not 100% on that but it would mean that some of you guys have cans that are soon to be past it.
Also its worth saying a treated tyre is only to be used as a stopgap. NO trackdays :wink:

Reaction score
hang on...when i asked about how to use the foam i was told you just squirt it in then slowly drive forward while it expands...nobody mentioned the jack...

Reaction score
son of solo said:
hang on...when i asked about how to use the foam i was told you just squirt it in then slowly drive forward while it expands...nobody mentioned the jack...

I'm guessing that you haven't read the manual then, especially the page where it tells you to jack up the car before squirting in the foam, with the wheel turned so that the valve is at the top :wink:

(the little ClioSport manual that is, not the big ordinary one)

Reaction score
Im not saying the Jacking thing is a lie, but i used foam on my Gti-6 once, never jacked up the wheel, and did over 200 miles on the tyre with the foam in and never had a problem at all!