Reaction score
You go into the show room to buy your Trophy and a salesman comes across and says instead of the Trophy, for the same price, you can have an brand new clio Williams. An original, just been built from all new parts, same warrenty as Trophy, spares on sale for next 15 years same as Trophy. And same plaque number as the Trophy you were about to buy.

Which would you get? :D

And why? :wink:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Trophy, because (although i feel nobody will ever be able to convince you), for me it is a superior car in many ways.

Reaction score
Trophy. More exclusive, better looking, faster, better equipped, better styled, better seats.... and as fast as an M6.

Reaction score
I agree with Maverick and Nic on both counts. The Williams was good in its time but the Trophy is a better all round can IMO

Reaction score
I think we have to understand that we obviously want different things from a car.

I dont like modern cars. Which kind of puts me off buying, well....a modern car. ESP and all that bullshit turns like ABS and traction control, just turns me right off a car.

The Tornado is a superior plane to the Spitfire in everyway. A spitfire would be shot down by a Tornado before it even saw the jet fighter. No one would argue that it was even a fair fight.

It has no radar, no missiles, no jet engine, no computer on board.

Yet despite this the Spitfire is instantly recognisable to almost every layman. The sound of its engines is hypnotic to the ear. As 100 people which they would rather see fly and the vast majority would rather see the prop. It has something that an inanimate object should not. A soul.

I rate the Trophy highly from what ive seen so far, and i completely understand why people buy them. If i wanted a small fast modern car, it is what i would chose.

But being fast is not enough for me. Plus it isnt blue, which makes it crap :wink:

*this post is in no way stating that the Clio Williams is as slow as the Spitfire in relation to a Tornado

:p

Reaction score
lol.... if only the trophy came in 449... :wink:

Seriously, I think you summed it up....

The Williams and the 182 Trophy are just about the best hot hatches you can buy. It's completely down to personal circumstances (budget etc) and preference as to which one you'd pick. There's no right or wrong answer.

And despite picking the Trophy, I'd take the Spit everytime. As long as I could buzz the tower in it... lol.

Reaction score
Ive told you

'Thats a negative ghost rider the pattern is full'

:p

But i guess youll do it anyway so the guy spills his coffee?

10114462.gif

Reaction score
Absolutely.
:lol:

"Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a tower. "