What happened with that 16k miler on here

Reaction score
I've just been looking for the post, did the guy sell it, the thread went quiet, just wondered if it had gone (no im not wanting to buy it ! )

Reaction score
Was this the one that went to the dealer in Ireland and went up for £16-18,000?

They had a 25-30k miles one advertised for £10-12 IIRC. Was far from standard with Renault Cup car steering wheel and other bits and bobs.

Edit, just looked for post. £19,995 on eBay. There's A LOT of drugs being taken. Would love to know if it went of that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No Gordon, this was another (I think) from a couple of weeks ago. Someone was fishing around for an A1 example and one appeared, The conversation then went "off line"

Reaction score
Ah ha. This is the one I was referring to. http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/threads/for-sale-ebay-trophy-with-16k-mileage-£19-995.53688/

Presumably you were referring to this Hoolio: http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/threads/low-mileage-trophy-wanted-cash-waiting.53825/#post-401279

What I don't quite understand is response #26 where Stefan is quoted by Clio238, yet Stefan doesn't seem to have written the quote. Presumably Mick is Clio238 and the vendor. I wonder if Stefan Bailie did purchase it. Come on Stefan, show yourself. Good for you if it's now in your ownership.

I've never been to, or used the Facebook site. Presumably it's specific to the 182 Trophy? Am I missing out not engaging with it?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's the one, as you can see, it trailed off into nothing.

As to FB, this site has become much busier of late, certainly a lot more going on here than the Trophy page on FB.

Reaction score
Had a look at the FB page. Seems Mr Ben Corner was simply looking for insurance quotes on his 16k mile car.

It's possible his alter ego is 'Mick' aka Clio238 and maybe a deal was done with Stefan. Although judging by Ben's tone on FB it's not for sale and will sit with his other cars. £20,000 is a tasty number.

If mine has survived storm Doris and the barn roof not gone perhaps I should insure it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had a look at the FB page. Seems Mr Ben Corner was simply looking for insurance quotes on his 16k mile car.

It's possible his alter ego is 'Mick' aka Clio238 and maybe a deal was done with Stefan. Although judging by Ben's tone on FB it's not for sale and will sit with his other cars. £20,000 is a tasty number.

If mine has survived storm Doris and the barn roof not gone perhaps I should insure it.

Yes I can confirm that my car is not for sale and will be staying with me for the foreseeable future.