Reaction score
Noticed one today, and it seems like the bods at Vaux have come up with an original idea of producing a limited run off 500 models of their hot hatch lol!

On the other hand, i must say, it did look very very smart, and a LOT nicer than the standard vxr, obviously the handling won't be up to the spec of the clio, but as a special edition goes i thought it was a good attempt!

Whats everyone elses views...............................??

Reaction score
Forgot to mention the 17k price tag (pre registered around £14.5k)

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
D4VP-C(309) said:
Forgot to mention the 17k price tag (pre registered around £14.5k)

Google ''Corsa VXR-R'' 230bhp and £23,000 if I remember right.

Reaction score
Being a Vauxhall Nova, sorry i mean corsa, lol, there will probly be a lot end up like that! I assume the occupents were ok, the fact the car has been returned, but what a mess!

Maybe it could be an investment, be down to double figures in no time......................................

Not the astra, just looked it up on their site

Corsa 3 Door Hatch, VXR Arctic Edition, 1.6i 16v Turbo (192PS), Manual 6-speed £17,225.00Glacier White£0.00Splice/Morrocana - Silver/Charcoal£0.0018-inch V-spoke alloy wheels with anthracite inner, 225/35 R 18 ultra-low profile tyres£0.00TOTAL options£0.00TOTAL accessories£0.00TOTAL£17,225.00

Reaction score
There are 2 Corsa limited edition runs of 100 coming out the Corsa VXR-R and VXR-S. These have been done by Courtney, there are also two new Astras oming out. The Astra VXR-R will be the most powerful front wheel drive car ever! Supposedly.

The VXR Corsa is a nice car and very well built but I found it devoid of soul even though the engine has a superb amount of torque. I also felt very high in the car when I drove it, a bit like a mini mpv.

Reaction score
My mate has just bought one of these! swapped in his 182 cup! says he thinks it is better in the corners but he's yet to take me out in it!

MC

Reaction score
I looked at them a while ago - very tunable (230 bhp plus and lots of torque) and a good KW suspension kit. A better deal financially is the Sri, which powerwise only differs in the mapping! I decided not to pursue becuase the variable assistance power steering is speed dependent, and would have been a problem on the hills.

Reaction score
i was planning on puting a corsa vxr engine into my corsa b but my dad wouldnt get me a loan to do it :(

Reaction score
I'm shocked to hear that its better in the corners than the 182 cup!!
As with the trophy, its nice to see car makers actually paying attention to the people that buy the cars, and producing vehicles that are close to what the poeple want!
I think more manufactures need to follow suit! Bring on the new Trophy!!

That one in the pics wasnt great in the corners, i'd be interested to hear the story behind it, speeds etc.
It looks like the cabin has held up quite well, but i suppose it depends on the crash!

Reaction score
They've got one sitting in the showroom of my local Vauxhall dealership... think they look pretty cool actually, but not keen on a turbo'd small hatch.

Reaction score
I've just never been able to shift the link of Novas/Corsas and barry boys... Mind you, the clio doesn't have a perfect track record in that respect I guess, but I have managed to look past that. I must say that when I saw the Corsa VXR in pictures and indeed on the road, I did admire its aesthetics. They seem to be quire a rare sight?

Reaction score
The normal Corsa VXRs don't seem to stand out in my opinion, i actually think there are a lot more of them than you think! I think the insurance would stop a lot of boyracers, but i should think a lot of replicas will start appearing!

Reaction score
I didnt realise how many 'thinks' i put in that! You can tell the boss was around, all that pretending to think!

Reaction score
George K said:
I looked at them a while ago - very tunable (230 bhp plus and lots of torque) and a good KW suspension kit. A better deal financially is the Sri, which powerwise only differs in the mapping! I decided not to pursue becuase the variable assistance power steering is speed dependent, and would have been a problem on the hills.

:shock: Really?
Like others have said, it stood up well & glad to hear the lad is ok.