hyb

Reaction score
As the title, what car did you have before you switched to the trophy?

Me, bmw 325ci, (still got it, cant shift it)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had a Mk2 172 in Flame Red. Still love that colour.

DSC00089-800.JPG

Before that I had a Saxo VTR :shock:

Got written off by white van man........ what a shame :p =D>

saxosmash1.jpg

Reaction score
Just sold my 2002 E46 M3 SMG, and I pick up my new Trophy this Friday.

Used to own a Clio Williams and have fancied another Clio ever since the 182 came out.

Matt

Reaction score
Yes, there seem to be a few of us on here with ex or current M3s. I sold my CSL a few months ago before getting the Trophy.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ChrisB said:
I sold my CSL a few months ago before getting the Trophy.

What made you get rid of the CSL Chris?

Reaction score
Main reason for getting rid of it - moving house and now not having a garage. Secondary reason - I never seem to keep cars very long !

It's a great car, loved the SMG gearbox, engine, noise, drive, speed.

But hated the understeer, the brakes and the fact the tyres didn't last in the dry and were not very good in the wet or cold. Of course there are brake upgrades and compromise tyre choices, but I felt strongly I wasn't going to change things on a car that was meant to be a special car anyway.

I much prefer driving the Trophy round the Ring, because you can really drive it like a loon lap after lap, there's no worry the brakes will give up, and it's far easier not to stuff (so far !!!), and if I did, it would feel easier to bear the temporary loss of a £13k car than a CSL.

Reaction score
I really don't think of it as a step down at all. A great car is a great car, whether it costs £13,000 and has 180 bhp or £60,000 and 360 bhp.

hyb

Reaction score
good point, i feel a lot less worried about gettin rid of my bmw and changing to trophy and wondering if I made the right choice after knowing someone has changed from a csl !.....just cant sell the flaming thing!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
How long is the dealer going to hold the Trophy for you? Make sure they don't sell it to someone else :shock:

Reaction score
I had a M3 2004 manual. Great car ordered the new one but does not come out for another year and did not want to lose a fortune trading old for new so bought the trophy trying to get the wife to like it so I can have both but not having much luck she wants 4 doors and is not really interested in cars if it meant her having a 1.2 clio with 4 doors she would prefere it to trophy which is nuts but thats women for you :shock:

hyb

Reaction score
well thats the question, dealer said he'd hold it untill I sold my bmw, he's already had it for nearly 2 monthsish. He's dropped the hint a few times that other people are interested in it, they've already sold the other 2 trophies that arrived in a week. Waiting for the sales guy from bmw to get back to give me a price on my car, there so slow :( I've paid a pretty hefty deposit originally on the trophy so hopefully they wont just go and sell to someone else

Reaction score
Sold my M3 as I fancied a change after three and half years of ownership - also didn't fancy the £720 per year cost for extended warranty.

Normally I'm a big BMW fan, but theres nothing in the BMW range currently that I really like (although the new Z4M coupe looks interesting). Can't get a V8 M3 till late 2008.

I've also got a Golf GTI on order - keeps being delayed as I want the Recaro seats option even though the VW website quotes Mid 2005.

I did think about the R32 but hate the looks.

I recently went on a Jonathon Palmer race day and drove all the cars there and enjoyed the Clio Cup race car the most!

Matt

Reaction score
That's one heck of a Crumple Nik!

Those OZ's looked top on your 172

Trophy has to be the fave though Nik!

Valver next? ;) :wink: :oops: