Reaction score
Cheers MrD06 - I've just made a mess in my boxers. That'd definitely one of the cars that could persuade me out of the trophy!

Reaction score
MrD06 said:
I have had a TT, 350Z one tuned to 280Bhp and the Z to 380Bhp
both not that much fun but the TT is a much better car imho, the 350z is just dull.

last car was a CSL which is just a great car but alass just to expensive to run.

but this is much more fun than either of those and goes well with my Trophy

frontq.jpg

This car would be an awesome next car to the trophy, but could you really live with being 2 inches from the ground, NO back seats, NO luggage space, NO stereo (on some models right?) and probably NO leccy windows?

For as much as the Exige is probably a hell of a drive, I really dont think it has any praticalities what so ever. I couldn't even go football training in that because it just wouldnt hold any gear.

Reaction score
it has a good boot, And I do 2 track days a month

if you want to track a car imho there is no faster cheaper car to run than a Lotus.

Quite a few guys on the Exige Forum have Trophys as second cars :D

I sold the CSL and this paid to have these two cars for the same price .

Reaction score
MrD06 said:
but this is much more fun than either of those and goes well with my Trophy

frontq.jpg

Saw one of these last week. It looks awsome. Half expecting Darth Vader to be driving it.

Reaction score
Nice in black but I think white would be better.

As said before love a lotus but they are just to small. Sat in a Europa a month or so ago but that was too small for me. I d love to drive one for a weekend but not every day.

I still like Civic Type R may convince the other half to buy one.

Reaction score
Just been on allvehicles website and I now want JDM integra with push button start in white with red interior.

Any ideas how I can raise 16k?

And keep Trophy!!

Reaction score
I have a Trophy and i have just picked up my liquid yellow R26 in the last week, have not driven it enough yet but is very different. I dont feel like i am so much in control of the R26, it seems difficult to get a feel for it but it is a great car :D

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Just been on allvehicles website and I now want JDM integra with push button start in white with red interior.

Any ideas how I can raise 16k?

And keep Trophy!!

sell yourself for medical research??????? or go busking :lol:

Reaction score
I know dunno what it is about civic - last time I drove one I hated it but still fancy having one. Strange guilty pleasure thing going on.

Decided I ll only get integra if I can keep Trophy so eorp millions, lottery, horses, sell a kidney!!!

Reaction score
Interesting thread this. Dissappointed to hear that people don't like the 350Z too much and surprised anyone would swap the Trophy for a Civic!

The Exige is great, but I'd need to run 2 cars to have one.

Riding a bike is fantastic, and in the right hands they will corner faster than a Trophy. Huge adrenalin rush. :) They are best on the track though. I'm always worried about all the wildlife where I'm living and the health of my license. :shock: It's impossible to ride slowly! It's not surprising that people are held up by bikes in the corners though. They are difficult to stop in an emergency so you don't want to go too fast around blind bends.

Only car that surprised me was a 997 turbo which tried to drop me when I wasn't expecting it. Had me worried for a couple of seconds. :wink:

Reaction score
350 z is a lovely car but expensive to buy and run.

Defo bike, past test March last year but aint had finance nor place to keep one yet.

Everyone seems to be on same track with what car they would have very driver focused, quick, rare and expensive!!

Reaction score
That's the problem. It's expensive to replace the Trophy!

I had my bike test for 6 years before I could afford to run a road bike along with a car. Still have to keep it at my parents at the moment though. I don't have a garage. :cry:

Reaction score
That was my plan to keep at parents but the old man has just bought an 07 TT with all the bells and whistles so neither me or my mother are now allowed in the garage!!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd take a caterham over an exige anyday as a pure track car, no matter how well the exige copes with track work, it's nothing compared to the 7. They handle better than any other car i've driven, more controllable than the formular Fords, so i'd even put it in front of those!

If I ever do get rid of #274, god forbid, it'd be for a 7 and a more practical, quick, family car - M3, M5 996/997 territory.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Seats out! They look cheap (and they are) but not particularly light, along with skipping breakfast this morning I reckon I've saved 15 kgs at least! I wanted to know how easy it would be to do this the morning of a trackday, the answer is very. Took about three minutes to undo the three bolts (2 Torx T45 and 1 T30 bolts), then it just slides out. The seat back weighs the most, more than the Isofix bar (which incidentally is the entire black metal piece not just the bar as I thought) I removed the jack too as that weighs more than the entire rear seat assembly!

Off to try it out on the road now, it sure looks cool with just two Recaros in there.

how was it? Feel anyl livelier after the weight saving?

Any ideas how easy they are to get back in? I think am going to take them out next week if its worthwhile, mainly just to hear the noise difference! :D