Reaction score
Are there any reports of Trophies doing this?

If so is there anything that can be done?

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with ours.... all the problems are earlier cars and an insignificant number in proportion to total sales (I think this is what you're talking about... apologies if wrong as I did not see Watchdog).

Cheers
O.

Day

Reaction score
I compared mine (older style) with Niks and to be honest the one on the trophy looked like the one shown on watchdog.

Reaction score
Cumulatively the Clios with this latch have covered millions of miles worldwide and the problems must be far less than 0.5%... really not an issue I think.

Reaction score
I think it's been mentioned on here before (or certainly Cliosport) the bonnet catch seems to have an issue, and there have been several report of bonnets flying open, obsucring the drivers view with disastrous consequences.

It sounds like (& I'm no expert) the catch on a Trophy is different to the earliest Mk2 Clio so we are in a better position.

Am I correct or do I have the wrong end of the stick?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh, as long as you keep it lubricated there won't be a problem, it' swhen the mechanism doesn't close properly. It's mainly housewives that don't ever go under the bonnet that it happens to.

There has been a few instances over on cliosport but i'm not sure how the cars have been tret.

Reaction score
Cue said:
yeh, as long as you keep it lubricated there won't be a problem, it' swhen the mechanism doesn't close properly. It's mainly housewives that don't ever go under the bonnet that it happens to.

There has been a few instances over on cliosport but i'm not sure how the cars have been tret.

Exactly. Call it punishment for poor car maintenance.

When I first met my GF, she realised I liked cars and said that her Focus felt 'squishy' of late and that the tyres might need more air but she didn't know how to do it, I took it round to the garage and filled the tyres, pressures were;

Front Nearside: 19 PSI
Front Offside: 11 PSI
Rear Nearside: 14 PSI
Rear Offside: 27 PSI

I took it back and said "All sorted, you might find you'll get around 50 more miles out of a tank now aswell."

Women.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lmao, my wife's first car story....before we were married and i was responsible for the car.

Wife: 'the car's making a strange noise'
Me: what type of noise?
W: a sort of squeeky rattle
M: ? give me the keys..... 5 minutes later, when did you last check the oil?
W: I didn't know you had to.
M: you've been running the car without any oil in it, you're now running on 3 cylinders.. time to buy you a new car.
W: ok, you sort it.
M: next day It breaks down on the way to a dealership, outside the front gates. I get out with the intention of buying a car for her and not moving that 'heap of metal' again.... leave the dealership with a 172. Welcome to RS ownership.

Kept that for 3 months until I decided it needed a lot of money spending on it to be good enough for my weekend car. Went to a dealer again and bought a Trophy instead.....

That's my story..... all because cirtain women don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to moving parts.