Reaction score
Was browsing and came across this, looks awesome!

Attachments

• X_8487_3.jpg
    X_8487_3.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,184
  • X_8487_2.jpg
    X_8487_2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,182
Reaction score
That is absolutley disgusting, looks like ED-209 sucking on a lemon. Let me guess, a 1.2 with a variable geometry turbocharger, a screw type supercharger, a gas turbine and seventeen force fed hamsters in a wheel boosting it to 230bhp, whoopdeedoo and still can't catch the 182, even with it's quadruple clutch DSG diamond matrix gearbox because it weighs more than an RS6 and is still having to get it's power down through those front wheels. Good work VAG, it'll sell like hot cakes.

Reaction score
Oh come on Steve! A few red lines and you're half way to the downsized, modernised A-team van, and you can't say fairer than that! :wink:

Reaction score
LOL!

and the honeycomb motif's carried over onto the paintwork makes it look even more like a Technics model, really crass. I'll take it all back if it's been stripped out and pared down and weighs less than the Mk I GTi.

Reaction score
Gareth said:
wtf are the wheels? i quite like the agressive looking front end though :D

But is it a wise move for VAG to blur the differences even further, I mean they're already the same cars underneath, why make them look the same?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it's a bit too angular for me - the panels look stuck on rather than scultpured. Not sure on the wheels either, can't make my mind up on them.

I bet it looks better in the flesh but I doubt it's going to be lighter. The trend is more power for VAG so I presume it's got the 3 litre in it with a turbo or something thrown in.

Reaction score
Looks like an after market body kit rather than factory styling. More Rieger than VW. It does look OK though... however it is just bodering on Chav!

Maybe I am biased as deep down I know it is FWD with a Turbo charger and that it can't handle much more power than the current GTI in its current layout.

It would be another story if they turbo charged the V6 and gave it 4WD!

Any news on specs?

O.

Reaction score
Taken from a Golf GTI forum

'Translated from French in to English using Google

With Show of Las Vegas SEMA, VW presented a Golf tunée explosive. But it is right for the fun.

R GTI Concept exists only for the show. No production in sight. And yet, this car should make dream some bitten tuning. R GTI has as a base Golf GTI of 200 horses. And some small waving of a magic wand of the center of Californian design transformed it into wild beast.

Its black plumage recalls us that it uses carbon to reduce the weight to the minimum. Derek Jenkins, Master of the project, used this material for the front wings, the cap, the forage ladder, the becquet before inferior, the grid of grill, the becquet of back roof and the rear view mirrors. The latter being specific to Jenkins for this concept.

The black is emphasized by red elements. First of all, by the line surrounding the typical grill of the GTI. But, also and especially, by the rims 19 inches out of alloy with the red circumference. The wheels fit tires Michelin Pilot Sport Cup ultra-high-performance of size 265/30-19. Like good tuning, the front suspensions were hardened and the lowered case. The brakes with clamp with four pistons are signed Brembo and those with before are painted with the colors of the German flag.

On the basis of 2 liters TFSI of the GTI, engineers VW allow R GTI to exceed themselves. Indeed, the engine doubled its power to reach 400 horses (with fuel high performance of 100 octane). It was obviously altered in-depth, in particular on the level of the turbocompressor and the cooler. The exhaust was also reconsidered with, in end of race, a double central trapezoidal exit of the most beautiful effect. That makes it possible this Golf to offer surrealist performances: 0 to 100 km/h in 4,8 S!

And then, finally, there is the c*ckpit. The black and the red in surpiqûre are found there. Not on seats, but on buckets so much with before with the back. Those of front are of Recaro whereas those of behind are done house.'

Reaction score
Shame it will never ever be built, even though the RS3 will have similar performance to this, although will weigh more than the moon and still have rubbish steering feel.

Chief - do you know Rentech's address? can't find it on the net and cliosport arseholes ignored my post, too busy discussing which is better out of a Civic Type R, a 172 Cup, etc. etc. yawn fucking yawn.

Reaction score
Don't you just love Google Translator. Almost a good as predictive text :lol: :lol:

Does't mention if all those 400 horses are going through the front, rear or all wheels, if it's the front its amazing it got from 0-100km/h in 4.8 secs :!: :!:

Reaction score
Cue said:
steve: http://www.ren-tech.co.uk/

addy is : Unit 29, Portsmouth Enterprise Centre, Quartremaine Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO3 5QT

Thanks Cue, It's typical , you post this after I find out for myself, anyway was going to post the address and website on here for others but you've kindly done it for me now.

Reaction score
Wow, Mike is a top bloke, 12K service (minus the oil change) for £70! He tightened my exhaust clamp after noticing it was a bit loose for nothing, removed a polishing mit from the engine bay that Permagard must have kindly left there:evil: and his brother dropped us off in town and picked us up again and the car was washed and feeling fitter than ever (I wondered what the rattling was:roll: ). How can Renault compete with that? £200 to spill petrol in the car and scratch the paintwork - that's how.