Reaction score
What do you guys think as a good front/rear balance for standard every day driving?! Any idea of an optimum balance?

Reaction score
T23PHY said:
7MAT said:
On the road I run (tested from cold) 29 front and 27 rear.

thats and interesting variation. how do you find the handling of the car running them pressures?

I find that slightly lower tyre pressure make for a much nicer ride, its also interesting to note that after 10 minutes of driving the tyre pressure when hot = approx 33 front and 30 rear.

On the track 10 mins of driving puts the front's up to 37/38!

I have also been told by a few people now that the Mich PE'2 work better on slightly less pressure???

I've just changed my front tyres after 10.5K miles (this included 5 track days also).

Reaction score
7MAT said:
T23PHY said:
7MAT said:
On the road I run (tested from cold) 29 front and 27 rear.

thats and interesting variation. how do you find the handling of the car running them pressures?

I find that slightly lower tyre pressure make for a much nicer ride, its also interesting to note that after 10 minutes of driving the tyre pressure when hot = approx 33 front and 30 rear.

On the track 10 mins of driving puts the front's up to 37/38!

I have also been told by a few people now that the Mich PE'2 work better on slightly less pressure???

I've just changed my front tyres after 10.5K miles (this included 5 track days also).

might be worth experimenting a little bit then. i've had a look at the various posts before and have run with the 34/32, 33/30 but nothing lower. thanks for that advice!

Reaction score
ok been doing some tyre temp tests on the trophy

33/30 is to hard the tyre is getting hotter in the centre and losing grip.

I have put mine to 31/28 and have seen much better tyre temps across the tread.

i would think going down to 29 cold on the font will lose you grip unless you are on track and getting alot of heat into them. As 29 would give a colder centre section for road use imo resulting in less grip and lower Mpg.

at the end of the day we are not looking for a nicer ride but the best performance and best tyre life.

i will keep an eye on my 31/28 pressures and temps

on track you should see way above 37/38 ?
I get mine to 43 without giving it some on the corners easy.

Reaction score
7MAT said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you do try running them lower let me know what you think?

i've dropped to 28 on the fronts and 27 on the rears. the difference is noticeable and all in a good way.

My car has now been correctly setup (camber and toe in) and although only doing a couple of hundred miles so far it's all good :D

I discussed pressures when having the car setup and the above was what was recommended to me........ be good to have a chat at Trax 7MAT!

Reaction score
but if you are not getting up to temps in the middle of the tyre at 28 then thats not a good thing.

you have droped from 33 front down to 28 front thats a big drop.

you risk wearing out the edges and getting lower Mpg.

have you got a tyre temp gauge ?

Reaction score
MrD06 said:
but if you are not getting up to temps in the middle of the tyre at 28 then thats not a good thing.

you have droped from 33 front down to 28 front thats a big drop.

you risk wearing out the edges and getting lower Mpg.

have you got a tyre temp gauge ?

i'm going to run with it and see how i get on..... all i do know is that my car didn't handle particularly well when i was running 34/32.

Reaction score
MrD06 said:
i would think going down to 29 cold on the font will lose you grip unless you are on track and getting alot of heat into them. As 29 would give a colder centre section for road use imo resulting in less grip and lower Mpg.

No loss of grip here, why don't you try it?

Reaction score
7MAT said:
MrD06 said:

No loss of grip here, why don't you try it?

mine doesnt feel like it's lost any grip either, took the long route into work via some good country roads and the car felt great. however, i'll still keep an eye on how it handles and if needed raise the pressure slightly.

Reaction score
I will try and do some temps tests at 29 this weekend and will post results.

Reaction score
the book is way to hard

I am finding 31/28 to be very good for the road.

did not have time to test the lower pressures this week end.