Trophy wanted!

Reaction score
Previous owner of an Inferno 182 and a decent spec'd 200. Now on the hunt for a Trophy. Looking for as close to standard as possible,with decent history,although the belts being due in the near future ain't too much of an issue. With me living in the North East of Scotland,I'm not expecting any too be available up here,so will travel for the right car.

Got a budget of £5750 ish,could go a little higher for the right car.

Reaction score
Will consider anything really,providing it's been well cared for! Although the lower the better! Reckon for that budget I'll hopefully get something round about the 80k mark.

Reaction score
There are plenty come up for sale to they are so limited in production numbers. Most people seem to drop on a car within a short time of starting their search

Reaction score
There are plenty come up for sale to they are so limited in production numbers. Most people seem to drop on a car within a short time of starting their search

Where abouts are you? Did see your advert on Facebook,the fact it had Apex sprigs kinda put me off though.

Reaction score
I'm located in Bristol mate. The apex springs are in with the cup shocks while the Sachs were being refurbed. The original eibach are included also. I think I edited the advert and wrote it in?

Reaction score
Ah right,never read any further than the fact it had Apex springs...hate them with a passion haha. I,m just waiting for the guy to come and pick up my Astra VXR Nurburgring,which should be this weekend,then I'm in a position to start viewing.

Reaction score
Ah right,never read any further than the fact it had Apex springs...hate them with a passion haha. I,m just waiting for the guy to come and pick up my Astra VXR Nurburgring,which should be this weekend,then I'm in a position to start viewing.

Good luck with hunt for one. How did your VXR compare to the 182 and 200 which you had previously?

Reaction score
Good luck with hunt for one. How did your VXR compare to the 182 and 200 which you had previously?

Was obviously a lot faster,pretty easy to get them up to decent power. Mine is running 285bhp,and pulls pretty well. Handling is a bit grim,as is well documented! I fitted Bilstein coilovers which helped,but still wasn't great. Would benefit greatly from a LSD. Looking forward to getting back into a Renaultsport though,the 200 was such a great handling car,and loved the Recaros,although the bolsters were made of tissue paper! Didn't think I'd go back to a mk2,but I've wanted a Trophy for a while now,and nows the time to do it. 35 next year so this may be my last 'hot hatch' Will miss the exhaust note from Remus on the Nurburgring though!

Reaction score
I am toying with the idea of a 200 instead of the trophy so undecided. The vxr on the remus sounds amazing always had hot vauxhalls so nearly brought one because of that reason but went for the trophy in the end.

Reaction score
The 200 was prob my favourite car I've owned (apart from a Citreon AX GT I had when I was 18,loved that little thing haha. I've owned quite a few Vauxhalls too,a couple of mk3 Astra Gsi's being the pick of them) The 200's do feel a lot more grown up/refined than a mk2. Mine had the Cup pack suspension,handled so well,although they are pretty unforgiving on bumpy roads,which there is plenty of round about here. The Recaros are also a must! I was gonna get mine re-trimmed in leather but fancied something turbo'd for a change so went for the VXR. Will defo miss the turbo when I get back into a 182. I've got a company vehicle so my cars only a weekend toy,want something fun again. If you do decide to shift your Trophy in the near future give me a shout!

Reaction score
Thats the spec 200 I had been looking at. I have a daily driver as well and only use the trophy for fun but have only done 350 miles this year so far.