Reaction score
Hi im looking for a very clean trophy 20k to 30k miles been to look at a couple that were described as mint but were not very clean thanks

Reaction score
hi,
thought you put a deposit down on one from lookers, was it no good in the end.
theres nothin worse than travelling to see a 'mint' car and then findin its nothing like described.
good luck in finding one.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whilst I understand that you want the best you can buy, specifically what was wrong with the ones you have seen to give people an idea of what you may accept.

Reaction score
hi yes i went to look at a trophy from lookers and it was scrap the sales lad said it was mint and the previous owner.It was not good at all i expect a 5 year old car to have stone chips and the like but this took the piss.Finger nail size chips of paint on the drivers side rear qaurter and drivers door handle.Front bumper had been painted by stevie wonder and laquer was starting to peel off and washer blank plate had been glued back together.Both inside rear plastics were hanging off where they had taken car park dings out of rear qaurters.The steering wheel functions did not work there was more but i cant be bothered to name the rest.The trip cost in excess of £70 in petrol and they were asking 8k for the car so expected it to be mint as described.

Reaction score
hi hoolio i can understand what your saying i am not expecting a new car stone chips and the like are expected but if the owner gives a decent description i know what to expect unlike a couple I have had a look at.Could admin please delete me from the owners register of 428 thanks glenn.

Reaction score
when i was browsin through pistonheads/autotrader I saw one at ds cars that looks nice (they all do in pictures).
think it was approx 7500ish with about 30-40k on clock. I would add the link but dont know how.
I know when I was lookin you either have to make comprimises or hold out for 'the one' and probably turn down perfectly good examples. most of the ts that are around sem to have 40k ish on them but that is for a five year old car and thats still low. having said that I paid a premium for a low milage example. I comprimised in the fact of although my t has good service history etc and stamps in the service book I have no bills/receipts. was hoping for original bill of sale as had all that with my 182ff. having said that it is a near perfect example.
keep lookin and update when you got one.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Glenn I really wasn't getting on your case, I was just interested to a certain extent as I thought that the Dayc car was good,from your description it clearly wasn't, I must have seen it at the national day but there were a few there!
I don't think being picky is a bad thing, I learnt my lesson a little with the 5GTT(i would have knocked him down some) Almost all these cars at 5 years are going to being showing some battle scars, I could even easily pick a load of holes in mine and it's up to you where you draw the line.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Glenn I really wasn't getting on your case, I was just interested to a certain extent as I thought that the Dayc car was good,from your description it clearly wasn't, I must have seen it at the national day but there were a few there!
I don't think being picky is a bad thing, I learnt my lesson a little with the 5GTT(i would have knocked him down some) Almost all these cars at 5 years are going to being showing some battle scars, I could even easily pick a load of holes in mine and it's up to you where you draw the line.

Sorry if i seemed blunt never thought you were getting on my case in the slightest and cheers for the feedback i will keep looking.The car ds have was on here ive tryed to ask the lad if its any good with no reply thanks glenn

Reaction score
glenn said:
hi yes i went to look at a trophy from lookers and it was scrap the sales lad said it was mint and the previous owner.It was not good at all i expect a 5 year old car to have stone chips and the like but this took the pigs.Finger nail size chips of paint on the drivers side rear qaurter and drivers door handle.Front bumper had been painted by stevie wonder and laquer was starting to peel off and washer blank plate had been glued back together.Both inside rear plastics were hanging off where they had taken car park dings out of rear qaurters.The steering wheel functions did not work there was more but i cant be bothered to name the rest.The trip cost in excess of £70 in petrol and they were asking 8k for the car so expected it to be mint as described.

this sounds like the car that Arnold Clarke Ford main dealer on Scotswood Rd - Newcastle Upon Tyne.
had in november, it was a complete dog and was missing the plaque of the drivers seat as well as having shot dampers... was the reg SM55...?
have a look at my original post
http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8233&p=72560#p72560

Reaction score
glenn said:
hi yes i went to look at a trophy from lookers and it was scrap the sales lad said it was mint and the previous owner.It was not good at all i expect a 5 year old car to have stone chips and the like but this took the pigs.Finger nail size chips of paint on the drivers side rear qaurter and drivers door handle.Front bumper had been painted by stevie wonder and laquer was starting to peel off and washer blank plate had been glued back together.Both inside rear plastics were hanging off where they had taken car park dings out of rear qaurters.The steering wheel functions did not work there was more but i cant be bothered to name the rest.The trip cost in excess of £70 in petrol and they were asking 8k for the car so expected it to be mint as described.

Thats a shame that you didn't end up getting the car, i certainly wouldn't have described it as scrap!! Maybe a bit harsh, but like others have said, we all have different standards, for example the scratch on the rear bumper never really bothered me, would have got it done eventually, but not on my priority list, never had a mechinal issue with the car whilst i owned it and was always good fun on my run's out. Can't comment on the steering wheel controls as the few times i used them they always worked. Good look in your search for another one.

Chris.

Reaction score
Hinckley, Leics. *182 breaking for spares*
son of solo said:
glenn said:

this sounds like the car that Arnold Clarke Ford main dealer on Scotswood Rd - Newcastle Upon Tyne.
had in november, it was a complete dog and was missing the plaque of the drivers seat as well as having shot dampers... was the reg SM55...?

Nope, thats been bought by someone called Darren, who apparently thinks you smoke crack.
http://www.clubclio.co.uk/forums2/index ... opic=17087

Mat.

Reaction score
son of solo said:
[

The two i went to look at did not start with that plate mate

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matbrown said:
son of solo said:
glenn said:

Nope, thats been bought by someone called Darren, who apparently thinks you smoke crack.
http://www.clubclio.co.uk/forums2/index ... opic=17087

Mat.
like I said in the other thread, invite him over here to register the number of his T. Oh that's right he can't do that can he?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
How is that going to work? Are they just going to pluck a number out of midair.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I was a bit surprised when he wrote that, I didn't think that renault would supply them even if they were able. And the duplicate numbers thing? How DO you explain that, only a moron could get that wrong.

Reaction score
Don't Renault have a database with the trophys registration plate to the number of the trophy???

Reaction score
Trophy No.
billythekid said:
Don't Renault have a database with the trophys registration plate to the number of the trophy???

Now that, would have been the sensible thing.