Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking to get rid of my RS Megane 175 dCi and get a Clio Trophy.

Surely one of you is feeling like you need a bigger car with better economy whilst still having a Renaultsport.

See my add on Pistonheads for details.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/897219.htm

Anyone?!

Reaction score
Nice car mate, how does it drive after the re-map?? Ive been reading about these diesel megs and was thinking that they are gagging for a re-map. :D

Reaction score
Drives real nice after the remap. It was rolling roaded before and after and it went from 168 bhp to 205.6bhp and also gained a load of torque.

I really did it for the economy as I do/did 60 miles a day and had worked out that the rempa should pay for itself inside a year. In reality I see 5% improved economy after the remap which is not too bad.

I used to have a 182 FF with the cup packs and loved it. The Meg Diesel is a tiny little bit off it's pace (when chipped) but not that far. Once moving the Meg come sinto it's own and has some real nice levels of pull when already doing 50 for example.

I have gone from doing 60 miles a day to now car sharing with 2 other people so I don't really need the great economy, plus I fancy putting the spare cash towards clearing a few debts and making finances a little easier for me.

You probably won't see many round as they only sold 200 of the diesels last year and even if you do see one they are identicle to the 225 Megane apart from the fact the diesel is missing the tiny half inch spoiler on the back. Apparently they removed it on the Diesel to help economy!

All in all it's a great car and every day I think about keeping it. I'm not desperate to get rid as it is a very nice place to be, but then I have always wanted to live with a Trophy and see what that's like, I know my 182 FF cup was great so... we'll see I guess.

Reaction score
sounds like a nice car id probably have one if i had a fair commute to work but im only 3 miles away so i can live with using the trophy for now, good luck with the sale and trophy hunting :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
they just hit the limiter too quickly in top - i drove one round brands hatch in anger and even the instructor who had to accompany me was shocked that it was redlining on the straight - it really needs a longer top gear.

I suppose it doesn't help that i'm used to driving petrol cars on track not diesels - they're for the motorway. I already have a Leon for that, but the meggy would be my choice if I was looking for an oil burner again.

Reaction score
*Puts on his Obi-Wan Kenobi voice* "This is the car you've been looking for!"

That's it now, one of you has to need it!

It is a top top motor. I'm trying to talk the wife into having it whilst I have a Trophy, but she wants 5 doors still cos of us having 2 little kids that we have to load.

Reaction score
Tell 'the wife' 3 door cars are much safer with kids, cos they can't inadvertently open the doors. Plus in my experience (4 kids) it is easier putting kids into a seat from the front rather than the side, so 3 door cars ARE definitely practical family cars.

There! 2 brilliant excuses to give to any mothers, wives and girlfriends......

Reaction score
If I still had mine I might consider this, evo just posted a quicker lap from their standard 175 than the Trophy (but not by much). That's one quick diesel, a brilliant all round car that's good for the commute and a weekend blast. We neede two cars so have my Teg and a diesel Focus (90bhp TDDI model) for my 80 mile a day commute, economy is OK (500 miles from a 47 litre tank) but it is gutless.

Reaction score
I've managed to squeeze 565 miles from a tank but that is 50 something litres.

TBH I would like to keep it, but the wife has gone part time and I would like to clear my credit card etc.

I'm not in too much of a rush, but likewise it is hanging over me and I would like to stop thinking about it and just have it done.

I wonder how fast mine would get round with it's remap?!

Sell your dirty focus and buy my Meg!