Reaction score
fazedesign said:
Fred said:
did you know Renault were considering doing the Trophy in white! shame they didn't :(

Can't remember where I saw it but I've seen a pic of a white 182 - looked absolutely fantastic. If I could change one thing about the Trophy it would probably be to paint it white.

White would look amazing, especially with the speedlines and trophy written in black!!!

Reaction score
Am I the only owner who likes the red? I don't normally like red cars but there are so many sport models in Blue, Grey, Black, White, I think it was a bold move to go for a solid pepper red and it works, most of all with the anthracite alloys and because the rear lenses blend in more, looks fantastic in the sunlight, especially if Permagarded as it's slightly less orange. On top of all that, red is statistically the safest colour.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had a conversation with someone at donnington about some seeming more red than some that seemed more orange, looked at me like like i was an idiot, glad somebody else has noticed.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
must admit i've only seen red ones - never one with an orange tint. some more dirty ones though will look slighty lighter in colour

Reaction score
When looking to buy one last year and seeing pics of them on Autotrader and the like I thought one or two appeared 'orange-ish', but none I've seen in person look anything other than red.

Reaction score
Before I got one I was convinced it was more orange than red. How wrong was I :oops:

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
On top of all that, red is statistically the safest colour.

Red is also most likely to get you pulled over!

I'd driven the same road for 10 months in a Platinum Grey SEAT LCR with no problems 2 weeks into owning the Trophy I got pulled over for speeding, red hot hatch = police magnet!

Reaction score
I was going to say, used to get pulled on a monthly basis in my totally standard white 205 GTI, haven't been pulled once in the Trophy, for me it's suidaecide!

Reaction score
Found another possible secret.

Did you know there were load lashing points under the front seats?

Also looks at a quick glance like both front seats are the same enabling a switch in case the drivers side looks tired at some point in the future.

Does anyone know if thats the case?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
160dmb said:
Found another possible secret.

Did you know there were load lashing points under the front seats?

Also looks at a quick glance like both front seats are the same enabling a switch in case the drivers side looks tired at some point in the future.

Does anyone know if thats the case?

they maybe for centre point harnesses?????? Didn't know that about the seats - can you change the fitment of the seat handle also then?

Reaction score
The lashing point would be in the wrong place for a harness imo.

Not certain on the seats, but its possible that you can swap the subframes (runners) from one seat to the other. There are seat back tilters on both sides of each seat.

Not certain that they are swappable, just looked possible during a quick glance while hoovering under them at the weekend. No idea on the electrical connection thou.

Reaction score
I'm either the slowest I've ever been in my life, or I have found a new secret. It has taken me a year of ownership whining about why the stero stalk on the steering column doesn't have a skip function, and I now find that it does!!! (ridiculously long sentence)

Someone tell me I haven't just discovered something useful! We can't all be this slow. :oops:

On the back of the stalk is a little knurly bit that spins, cept in mine it was stuck and didn't. Was a little forceful with it the other day, as couldn't work out why it was there. Now I can skip crap songs!

Reaction score
yeah i didnt notice the track skip function originally as was different to my v6. realised after a couple of weeks

Reaction score
No chief you're not that slow, I had my Trophy a couple months before I read it in the manual, I too was well chuffed.

I haven't seen you about lately, are you up for a jaunt some time soon?

amm

Reaction score
Gareth said:
Cue said:
Future discoveries in the offing:
1. what the little wire is that hangs from the seat - i think it's likely to be electric seat orientated when connected to a motor

could it also be the wiring for the side airbags that are fitted to the rest of the clio range but is redundant as we have recaro's?

without looking under my seat i couldn't confirm or deny!

i think it is a sensor to tel the air bag there is a person in the seat

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
surely the resistor would be connected to somkething - and shouldn't it be on the end of a wire coming from the car not the seat?