Reaction score
did you know Renault were considering doing the Trophy in white! shame they didn't :(

Reaction score
Fred said:
did you know Renault were considering doing the Trophy in white! shame they didn't :(

Can't remember where I saw it but I've seen a pic of a white 182 - looked absolutely fantastic. If I could change one thing about the Trophy it would probably be to paint it white.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
- Rear windscreen wiper will do a sweep if you have your front wipers on and engage reverse - FORGOT THAT
- Mirrors heat up to clear condensation/frost when the rear demister is activated - FORGOT THAT
- Front windscreen wipers will do a 'paused' second sweep if using the water spray in order to clean any residual water marks - AND THAT
- Various codes presented by the alarm LED depending on what has triggered the system - KNEW THAT BUT AINT GOT A CLUE WHAT THE FLASHES REPRESENT
- Removal of Isofix rear bar to save a few kilos (if you don't have the need for children seating fixtures) - WHAT IS IT???
- Removal of acoustic valve to free airflow (put in place to meet EU noise compliance) - NEED TO GET THIS DONE
- Clip on interior of glovebox door to hold cards (I use mine to hold my Esporta card) - FORGOT THAT
- Hook on petrol filler cap to hold petrol cap while filling tank - AND THAT
- Velcro in boot (which holds the car jack) can be expanded to accommodate a warning triangle - WONDERED WHY IT WAS SOOOO LONG
- There is a rectangular 'cubby' area under passenger front seat to store items such as wheel locking nut, first aid box etc. - NEVER LOOKED BUT IT's ANOTHER TOY FOR ME TO USE :)

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Cheers
O.

all in all, nice one!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
empty out your glove box and at the back on the roof of the glove box you'll see a little blue plastic cover - slide this left or right (can't remeber which way) and there's a hole that's revealed. When the air con is on it also feeds the glove box via this hole - A ready made drinks chiller for the summer months and heater for the winter :)

Reaction score
oliie said:
- Removal of Isofix rear bar to save a few kilos (if you don't have the need for children seating fixtures) Thanks Oliie
- Velcro in boot (which holds the car jack) can be expanded to accommodate a warning triangle, you can also store the locking wheel nut adapter in here
- There is a rectangular 'cubby' area under passenger front seat to store items such as wheel locking nut, first aid box or rubbish if you're my passenger it would seem

Reaction score
Found out in the last down-pour that when you come to a complete stop at a set of traffic lights with the wipers on a non-stop speed setting, they slow down automatically to an intermediate setting. Until you set off again onto your journey. Magic.

BTW I have the wiper upgrade so I don't know if the standard ones are magical too.

Reaction score
'Bout Trophy in white. I've some black n white security cameras that make the Trophy appear white at night. Looks the dogs... 8)

Reaction score
asim said:
Found out in the last down-pour that when you come to a complete stop at a set of traffic lights with the wipers on a non-stop speed setting, they slow down automatically to an intermediate setting. Until you set off again onto your journey. Magic.

BTW I have the wiper upgrade so I don't know if the standard ones are magical too.

Asim, have you got a sound clip of your Orbisoud?

Cheers

Steve

al

Reaction score
Cue said:
empty out your glove box and at the back on the roof of the glove box you'll see a little blue plastic cover - slide this left or right (can't remeber which way) and there's a hole that's revealed. When the air con is on it also feeds the glove box via this hole - A ready made drinks chiller for the summer months and heater for the winter :)
Just had a feel at the back of my glvoebox and all I can find is a hole with sponge at the side of it :S lol

Reaction score
One more I forgot: Your trip meter will automatically reset (including MPG and all the other measurements) when you hit 9999 miles (I did not reset my one for that period!).

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
One more I forgot: Your trip meter will automatically reset (including MPG and all the other measurements) when you hit 9999 miles (I did not reset my one for that period!).

mine didn't - someone been messing or get that looked into. I remember looking at the mpg at the time mine clicked round cause i wanted to see the 10,000 come up.

Reaction score
For those of you who don't have an iPod adapter, you can buy a cable on eBay for about £12 that plugs into the back of the stereo, i've got mine dropped around the back and into the back of the glovebox, it's good because you can attach anything with a headphone port to the stereo and the cable just stows away nicely in the glove box so no gippos know you've got an iPod or similar that might be in the car. You can then use the iPod to change songs (which happens to sit quite nicely in the clock niche) because using the stalk or head unit can be a real pain for finding the song you want when there are 5000 on it. Downside - doesn't charge it, but you can buy a 12V charger I suppose.

Reaction score
Cue said:
oliie said:

mine didn't - someone been messing or get that looked into. I remember looking at the mpg at the time mine clicked round cause i wanted to see the 10,000 come up.

Hmm... that's odd. I am pretty sure mine reset itself! Hmm...

O.

Reaction score
isn't the wire under the seats a pressure sender to detect if someone is sitting on them - and then in conjunction with the seatbelt sensor works out if it needs to beep at you?