Reaction score
dtravis said:
sure all you trophy owners know which one you have without looking?!

i'd agree that you'd know the number of the car, and if unsure it can't be too hard to doublecheck can it? :?

Reaction score
unless you just bought it for racing and were totally uninterested in what car it was!?but if surely if your into racing, your into cars enough to look at the cill and remember a 3 digit no!??!

Reaction score
This could well be a true story as I know that a Race Instructor I work with was out testing in a Trophy a few weeks back, he was discussing it with me when he found out I had also bought one.

I don't know anything about the identity of the car to be raced, or the owner.
But there certainly is a car fitting this description being made into a racer.

Hope that is of some use.

160dmb

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds like they are the standard recaro's that were the option on the 182. thos didn't carry the Trophy plaque. he may have advertised them as Trophy Recaro's and technically, i guess, they are but they won't have come from one.

No-one in their right mind would buy a trophy to strip for racing. It's only feature which makes it better for racing than a 182 is the suspension set-up and Reno 'pinned' the adjusting knob for the dampers - rendering them a bit useless in racing terms even though they are race spec.

Sounds to me like, if his story is true, it's a 182 with recaro's that he's stripping. Either that or he's lying and the only motive i can think of for that is they're dodgy so stay clear.

If it's the former then they're virtually identical, but they won't have the plaque plate.

Reaction score
Really don't want to get dragged into a long slanging match on this one, but if the regulations of a race series state that you have to run with "standard" suspension then it's very possible that someone who had done their research would buy a trophy rather than a standard 182 for a race series.

I have been into motorsport for several years and anyone serious about winning even a fairly minor championship will spend what seems ludicrous money to a right thinking person to gain even a small advantage.

There is certainly a trophy being prepared for motorsport use as I know someone who has driven it.

Bear in mind they may even have bought a damaged car to race prepare which would be a cheaper option (although I didnt hear that to be the case).

I clearly am not saying that these seats are genuine, just that I know that they could be from the car I am reffering to.

In an effort not to make this one of those ranting threads I'll keep schtum from now on, as I'm not sure how much the person I spoke to was supposed to say about the racers plans. I certainly wouldnt be pleased if someone told everyone else about my careful research if I were the racer in question!