Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
there was some on ebay i think about a week or so back, i'm sure someone on CS posted about them...not certain though

Reaction score
any idea what there worth - ive found some, but the guy is asking me to make him an offer!the car has done 8k and in the pics he has sent they appear to be in good condition! - good to see you on myspace, thanks for the add!

Reaction score
I think if you offer him £800 for the pair, that should be about right. They're over £550 each new I think, and quite tricky to get hold of for some reason, they've just put the same ones in the new Megane 230.

Reaction score
i'd read £1300 for a pair on cliosport, so i'd start with a speculative offer of something like £650 and see what he says, you can always increase it :wink:

Reaction score
cool-thanks, i was thinking of being a bit more cheeky than that price wise!!!haha!might have to save some more pennies!there from a trophy that he is stripping for racing or something like that!so dont think they are stolen! :?

Reaction score
dtravis said:
cool-thanks, i was thinking of being a bit more cheeky than that price wise!!!haha!might have to save some more pennies!there from a trophy that he is stripping for racing or something like that!so dont think they are stolen! :?

at the end of the day being as cheeky as you feel is right and don't overstretc yourself.... you never know the offer might get accepted and you've saved yourself some xmas present money :wink:

stripping a trophy and then selling the recaros - either in it for the long term or isnt too worried about pulling apart a limited edition :roll:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:shock:

stripping a Trophy????? why didn't he start with a 172/182 cup the knob - the money saved on purchasing it would compensate for the shocks - if he's going to rip out the seats etc anyway... i don't understand these people.....

If he knows the value of them then you'll be struggling to get them for less the £600 I'd have thought.

Reaction score
yes i did think this was rather strange - wouldnt want to strip my clio, let alone a trophy!i think he want £750, we shall see!......

ps anyone got a spare £750 i can borrow - why do we get urges to play with cars just before xmas!

Reaction score
Hmm, i think i'd be asking for a nosey round this alleged stripped out Trophy racer (as it seems quite an unusual thing to do) before i bought the seats.

Because if it doesnt exist then i'd be thinking theres a chance that some poor 182 or Trophy owner out there is missing either his car or his interior.

Reaction score
Stripping a 182 for track use - Good Idea.
Stripping a limited edition 182, designed and set-up to be the ultimate driver's hot hatch and acclaimed by all motoring publications and owner's alike - Death Penalty.

Reaction score
I'd be concerned about the origin of these if I where you, you never know. Ask a few more questions.

Reaction score
Cue said:
ask which number of trophy they're from also - we may be able to shed some light!
You'll find out if he buys them if there from a Trophy.

Also if there from a crashed car make sure they are ok e.g. not damaged.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oh yeh - the Trophy will loose it's identity tag.......

.... even more reason to not belive his story - he must be a right numpty.

Reaction score
ok guys - thanks for all the advice!i have asked the guy for the no of his car and why exactly he is stripping it!we shall see!i really want those seats damn it!haha!

Reaction score
"not sure which no. without looking on the cill - but i'm stripping out the
interior as it will be raced in the dunlop sport max cup next season. need
to put a roll cage and race seat etc in and reduce weight."

thats the latest message!sure all you trophy owners know which one you have without looking?! - looks a bit fishy to me!