Reaction score
hi everyone,i have a mercedes c32 amg tuned to 410bhp(family car)..looking to buy something intreasting to drive from and to work in..(mixed country roads)..it be either the 182 cup or a trophy,really like the trophy tbh cause of the eye catching red..is it really worth the extra few grand for a trophy?? and what type of mpg do you get in these cars(how many miles can i get in a tank of petrol?) does the trophy have xexons lights??if not can it be fitted with a aftermarket one(what fitment)and last of all what to look out for when buying a 182 or a trophy..look forward to your replys..........cheers

Reaction score
Hi Dan,

MPG is a good question, if you're kind to the Trophy, it's kind to you back. However, we all love abit of funny in the Trophy ;). Get the Trophy and not the 182 cup. It's worth it, you will not be sad when you get the keys for one. Trophy's do not come with Xexon light's. But, these can be fitted.

All the best.

Reaction score
Trophy is worth the extra over a 182 yes. I pretty much always average over 30 mpg - they are great on fuel for their performance. A tank can give me around 350 miles, but you can get over 400 if you really try. (and thats with a 10 gallon petrol tank)

Just the typical bits to look out for I guess. (mine is for sale btw ;) )

Reaction score
I think as it stands now, the difference in price between tidy 182s vs 182 trophy is about 2k. This is what its always been - or around that margain. Unfortunalty now Cup's seem to be getting very cheap, as do some 172s which makes the Trophy look quite high in comparison. Had a go in 2 172 Cups before my Trophy and although they were good they were no where near as planted and surefooted as the Trohpy.

I know a good one for sale btw.. :)

http://pistonheads.com/sales/726684.htm (now priced at 8.4k)

Reaction score
hi,there..thanks for the replys..you sure that you can get 350 miles from a 10 gallon tank cause i have a 1.2 corsa that im using at the moment with a 10 gallon tank and im averageing 320miles..will sell the corsa to fund towards the clio 182 cup or trophy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Only if you're driving Miss Daisy :D You can just about but if you start giving it some welly those kind of figures become a pipe dream.
Yes it is worth the extra, there are several on here who have had 172, 182 and trophy who would all say the handling is far superior.
I wouldn't bother with fitting Xenons though it is possible, an ungrade with bulbs like the nightbreakers although not as good as will be a big improvement over the factory fitted ones.
You have to look at all the usual stuff i suppose but giving the dampers the extra once over is probably advisable but i think we have all faced the fact that they are all going to need refurbishment sooner or later.

BTW this is an unbiased view as mine is not for sale :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
320 -330 is usual with 'spirited not mental driving' i've had 410 when really trying. On track a full tank will even get around 180!

Reaction score
They really are that good on Fuel when you take it easy +40mpg is achievable.

Comparable with much smaller engined cars.

Reaction score
I would say i drive hard sometimes and pretty easy the rest of the time and i usually get 340-360 out of a tank of V-Power.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I normally get 220-240 to a tank but i do use the VVT zone a lot :roll:

I take it that you guys who get 300+ miles don't use the VVT when your on an MPG mission

Reaction score
Yer if im not in a hurry or just taking it easy i wont push as far vvt although i do sometimes find it hard not too!

Reaction score
i have a 25min drive to work along b roads and my trophy has averaged 35.4mpg over the last 3000 miles. Id say about 10% of the 3000 has been occassional motorway driving. I know golf gti drivers who are quite jealous of the mpg. If you do a lot of city driving it does go down and also if you spend most your time above 5000rpm your gonna suffer too. I have a simple method to enjoy low fuel motoring get it up to 70 in fifth and dont slow for any bends, it really highlights the handling!