Trophy prices

Reaction score
In a about a months time i'm going to be in the market for a 5k toy.

What sort of condition trophy would that get me or am i better off waiting until the winter ?

I used to have a 172 cup and can't really think of anything better than a trophy for around £5000 , although i'm also considering nissan 350 z / bmz 4's but fear there going to be a bit heavy , i loved the chuckability of my cup on b roads.

Reaction score
At this rate.. £5k will be entry level.
Hopefully complete.
Very unlikely to be less than 100k

A couple of high mile enthusiast cars went a few months back for around around £3875 and £4250. At this rate those maybe would have had started with £5xxx by end of the year.

Anything cheaper than those at the moment needs immediate work. So would imagine anything less than £5k may need work.

That's unless this price rate rise madness resets.

Reaction score
As said. £5k is likely to be either very high miles or require work to get it decent.

Prices are strong and don't show signs of letting up.

Reaction score
The good and the bad side of the price hike

The good means that good cars are being sold for high cash (be it rightly or wrongly in genuine value terms).
The bad however means bad cars are being priced alongside them irrelevant of condition. Some of the recent mainly ebay examples have be laughable.

Its defo do your homework time on whatever you go for. A needing serviced Trophy could quickly land you £1800 down between sachs/belts/tyres alone without even breaking a sweat. even before you usual service items brakes etc.

Sachs service history is great but even then they can almost be irrelevant after a few years as they can go at anytime so you need to be ready for that. the good news is you can get going again pretty quickly with cheap cup shocks if you "NEED" the car as a daily.

Reaction score
High mileage doesn't worry me as my commute to work is only 2 miles .

I used to have a cup so aware of the cost of cambelt/dephaser and how much it costs's to replace a clutch .

Thanks for the replies .

Reaction score
Certainly don't be any illusions that they will be cheaper come winter. There will be another 10% on by then.....hopefully [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Certainly don't be any illusions that they will be cheaper come winter. There will be another 10% on by then.....hopefully [emoji3]

im not really bothered about appreciaton, but if prices took a tumble winter or not id be very unhappy!

Reaction score
You need to be looking for a Trophy convertible for that to happen [emoji3][emoji3]

Reaction score
Im a big fan of the trophy, but prices are abit silly imo

Id rather chuck set of sachs, recaros and spoiler on a normal 182 be quids in and sell them parts come sale time..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im a big fan of the trophy, but prices are abit silly imo

Id rather chuck set of sachs, recaros and spoiler on a normal 182 be quids in and sell them parts come sale time..

Have you actually tried buying Sachs, Trendlines and V6 Spoiler recently? They are not exactly common and though maybe an investment are still going to cost you upwards of £2K,

Reaction score
Have you actually tried buying Sachs, Trendlines and V6 Spoiler recently? They are not exactly common and though maybe an investment are still going to cost you upwards of £2K,

There is a lovely 182 with turinis and genuine trophy spoiler for 2900, as i say even putting 1500 towards that you are still way under the 7k ive seen for ones with nearly 100k on.

Im not trying to piss off anyone its just they dont have anything majorly different than you cant already do to a normal 182

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is a lovely 182 with turinis and genuine trophy spoiler for 2900, as i say even putting 1500 towards that you are still way under the 7k ive seen for ones with nearly 100k on.

Im not trying to piss off anyone its just they dont have anything majorly different than you cant already do to a normal 182

Thats interesting and true.

years ago i was heavily into mk3 fiestas, i converted an xr2i into full rs turbo spec in a weekend with bits i collected over a year and it was much cheaper than just buying a real one

but at the end of the day it was a replica.

i saw a renault 5 gt turbo re-shell go for 3.5k a few months ago. the thing was very very tidy. yet you wouldnt get a genuine complete one for that in any condition.

if you just want a cheap car for fun, the trophy has already left the building. The fact renault made it and so few of them at that, will always mean more than the sum of their parts.

no other 182 came complete with what the trophy did from renault.

i dont doubt for one second you can fit of the shelf parts to a normal 182 at a fraction of the cost and it would run rings round a trophy all day, but its not a trophy and that is good enough for me.

Reaction score
Yeah i agree.. I had a trophy about 7 years ago. I love them. Just not at the prices they go for.

Reactions: r0m
Reaction score
I don't see prices coming down at all, the car is reckoned to be one of the best hot hatches of all time. If that's true or not I wouldn't like to say but it's one of the best I've driven.
Some folk will happily pay 10K for a family holiday so to shell out a lot less than that for a hot hatch 'icon' probably seems a bargain.

Reaction score
There are lots of special edition cars that you could go and recreate yourself with parts but that's missing the point really.

Reaction score
Trophy No.

That's true and I get your point but when and if (it has been a fair while since i've seen Sachs for sale) you get your Trophy bits and fit them to your 182 it is still a fair investment in a car will not be a Trophy and will never realise the money you've put into it.

i saw a renault 5 gt turbo re-shell go for 3.5k a few months ago. the thing was very very tidy. yet you wouldnt get a genuine complete one for that in any condition.

I don't recall seeing that and I'm sure the 5 lads would been over it like a rash, worth far more in bits than that. Campus shell? What colour was it?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's true and I get your point but when and if (it has been a fair while since i've seen Sachs for sale) you get your Trophy bits and fit them to your 182 it is still a fair investment in a car will not be a Trophy and will never realise the money you've put into it.

I don't recall seeing that and I'm sure the 5 lads would been over it like a rash, worth far more in bits than that. Campus shell? What colour was it?

it was red, on ebay, yes a campus reshell

was 3k not 3.5

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142348139484

Reaction score
Would imagine that's fun to insure. Guess it's declare as campus with engine swap, turbo, different interior, alloys and body kit.

Pretty much every mod ticked.

Or the seller stil drives a "campus" lol

Tav

Reaction score
I paid £3.7 for mine with 125k on the clock. That's 10k a year which isn't much. Mechanically sound - few little cosmetic issues. Definitely a Trophy that I feel no guilt for driving....taking on a track day...or doing a hillclimb. If I were to sell it then I'd imagine it wouldn't be worth much more than what I paid...which is a pretty good place to be.

Reaction score
I paid £3.7 for mine with 125k on the clock. That's 10k a year which isn't much. Mechanically sound - few little cosmetic issues. Definitely a Trophy that I feel no guilt for driving....taking on a track day...or doing a hillclimb. If I were to sell it then I'd imagine it wouldn't be worth much more than what I paid...which is a pretty good place to be.

Be worth more than £3700!