Reaction score
ok great guys, to confirm the meet is this Sunday 13th Jan @ Trafford Centre at say 1pm?

People:

SirSimon
nickc
Berty
Stevo
Cue
Dico
bludragon
Max
jhlcr

please add your name if you are not listed and coming.

Reaction score
I've PM'd Stevo with the route I would drive if I was going to drive across the Pennines and back (as it was his idea in the first place). I think it was suggested that this was safer than posting the route in the thread.

I'm open to other route suggestions, it's just there was an interest in Woodhead Pass.

If any of the provisional attendees want it (it's amazing what google maps can do!) I'll do the same

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if you want i'll work out a route - woodhead one way then around hudds, oldham on the way back - some more good routes there.

Reaction score
thanks for your PM nick, can I ask you to organise the route as you know the area better than me? The route you've picked seems good.

People now are:

nickc
Stevo
Cue
Dico
bludragon
Max
jhlcr

Reaction score
^^ haha me too, I've ruled out washing for the time being with this weather.

Reaction score
So if its chucking it down with rain is it still on? I can see the Pennines from my place and when it's wet the hills are normally in cloud so it'll not be very nice.....wouldn't it be better to wait until its dry?

If people can confirm I'll send a PM so people can see if they are happy with the route?

Reaction score
^^ it would be best mate but its January and it hasn't stopped raining for weeks! lol

sending a pm to everyone is a good idea :)

Reaction score
Hi guys, it's unlikely I'll be able to make it this Sunday, as I'll be in Doncaster and probably not back in time. Don't let the rain put you off though, this time of year, you just have to get out and see what it's like when you get there. And if it is wet, well, just means you'll be overtaking any bikes instead of the other way around :p

Reaction score
PM's sent - access at the moment is a but slow so if you haven't got one let me know and I'll retry.

If you have a Satnav I would suggest putting the route into it and don't rely on me knowing the route for 2 reasons:

1) I'm the first to admit that I'm just an average driver, so you don't want to be following me if you're a better and/or more aggressive driver than me.

2) I may get some flack from the wife anyway when I leave the wallpapering to go out. So if I look out the kitchen window Sunday lunchtime and see its throwing it down, and the clouds are down on top of the Pennines I may not even get in the car......

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
right, what time are we meeting and who knows this route the best.... i'd suggest 3 stops on route to let the group re-organise every now and then. Pubs are always a good idea....

Reaction score
right i think ive lost the mrs on sunday so ill there alone wwwwhhhoooo peace lol. we dont want too late of a start or we may be getting lost in the dark and loosing each other lol. and which car park at the tc?? itll be busy there on a sunday!!!

Reaction score
Well I know the route the best - but I'm a bit cautious about leading. See my previous post. If it's peeing down I may stay home and finish my wallpapering.

Apart from Holmfirth it's pretty straight forward.

Anybody got a Tomtom? You could create an itinerary, add points along the route and then make each point a waypoint. The Tomtom would then talk you round the route.

A good place to stop and regroup would be the layby right before the long straight across the moors - it would make a good place for a photoshoot, if the weather was nice :wink:

Reaction score
I think everyone should turn up even if it is raining. The forecast is wet however we can still take the time to get to know each other and look at each others cars. We can see at the time if its ok for a drive, we could always just take it easy.

Lets meet for 1pm at The Trafford Centre then decide what todo and discuss possible routes. I can't see any mention of the different car parks on their website so whoever is there first please park somewhere visible if possible. Plus they operate ANPR as soon as you enter so make sure your Trophy is not wanted by the feds lol.

Lets hope we get a bigger turnout than confirmed at the moment.

Confirmed:

nickc
Dico
Cue
Stevo

Unconfirmed:

Max - please confirm
jhlcr - please confirm

+ anyone else not listed

Reaction score
ok, sounds fair to me. I'll aim to get there at 1 - indoor car park? An outdoor carpark would make it easier to be spotted but it'll be a bit miserable in the rain.

If we do end up going over the hills then the only tricky bit is Holmfirth. But there's a pub carpark just before where we could stop and regroup.