Reaction score
^^ can't say I know them so I'll have to trust you :wink:

Reaction score
ok how does this sound... meet at The Trafford Centre, get to know each other for a while and fill up on fuel/food/drink then head towards Woodhead Pass/Saddleworth over to Holmfirth for a nice drive then either head home/find a pub for a quick drink/head back to Trafford Centre?

Can't say I know the route so please help me out guys and let me know if my suggestion makes sense lol :D

Just noticed the NW Cliosport meet is 27th Jan so dates are:

Jan:

13th
20th

Feb:

10th
17th
24th

also wondering if we have area reps on here like cliosport?

Reaction score
Woodhead is a good road but unless it's middle of the night or Christmas then its always full of lorries. I've been over there and been in a queue of 20+ cars and lorries doing 20 mph.

When I have to work in Rotherham I go over Saddleworth and through Holmfirth. It may be 5 or 6 miles further but the roads are nice and theres a lot less traffic.

For those of us with other halves - Fedb 17th is first weekend after Valentines day.............??????????

Reaction score
Saddleworth and through Holmfirth it is then lol.

Jan:

13th
20th

Feb:

10th
24th

Reaction score
Jan dates are best for me, febs a bit of an issue as i have a lot on.

Reaction score
How far do people want to go? M60, then through Ashton and then up through Saddleworth to Holmfirth is about 20 miles.

It depends what people want - there's always the big "loop" around - Across Saddleworth, through Holmfirth (you know, where they make Last of the Summer Wine), then across the Pennines on the A629 which leads to the roundabout at the junction of Woodhead and Speedcamera Alley where you could turn right back towards Manchester over Woodhead (and brave the traffic)

I don't want people to agree to something and then go "that was too short" or "that was rubbish, but you said to go that way" afterwards.

I only suggested going over Saddleworth because Woodhead tends to be full of lorries....

Reaction score
Just had a lok on google maps. It's not actually the A629, it's cross country I normally go - out of Holmfirth and then down Sheffield Road and Whams Road down to the junction of Woodhead and Speedcamera Alley (the A616)

Reaction score
^^ hmm would love too but yeh think its a bit far.

sounds like Saddleworth is the better option then, how does 13th Jan (this weekend) sound for everyone? A bit early?

We meet at the Trafford Centre then head towards Saddleworth.

Reaction score
Assuming I get my wallpapering done on Saturday :cry: I think that should be ok. We could do Saddleworth, Holmfirth and back through Woodhead (might get lucky with the traffic)

Reaction score
ok cool, hows everyone else for Sunday?

Reaction score
Sundays good for me too. thats if i dont "borrow" the new scooby wrc from the autosport show on sat lol